Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

New Forum for Alopecia Areata Sufferers

Discussion in 'Women's Alopecia Areata' started by Guest, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

For the life of me I can not figure out how the heck I managed to leave this topic off of the Forum list.

Thanks to "Joann" for bringing it to my attention.

This being one of the more common forms of hair loss for women, it deserves its own forum, so I hope if you are experiencing patchy hair loss of any extent, you will post your thoughts and questions here.

We're starting over brand new, so don't be afraid to just start talking (to yourself for awhile maybe!)

Admin

2. ScaredSally

ScaredSally Guest

What a good idea .. BUT saying that why isnt their one for androgen gentic alopecia AND different sections for the TE etc ... then it may be easier for people with specific types to go to the right section

3. Joann

Joann Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you Admin :D
    Joann

4. Karen

Karen Guest

I believe hair loss is hair loss no matter which kind it is and I have received tremendous support from women on this board with all different types because that is the one common thread that binds us together. But I tend to agree with Sally - if your going to specify then you should specify all of them.

5. Joann

Joann Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    To Sally, Karen & everyone else too,

I'm sorry if asking to have a forum for Alopecia Areata has offended anyone. :cry: I only put the request in because when I joined two years ago there was such a forum. Then the site was hacked twice and the Alopecia Areata forum was left out.

I asked about it this weekend and Admin has put the forum up again. This was in no way to exclude anyone. Hairloss is hairloss and I try to help everyone. I know more about Alopecia Areata that's all. I just wanted to help those new to Alopecia Areata with their questions about treatments etc. I have missed some of these posts in the past.

I feel very badly if anyone thinks I just want to make my own little group. I am not like that. If I can be accused of anything it is overzealousness to help people. I struggled so many years on my own and it was very hard. I don't want anyone to go through my experience.I love the support shown to all here by everyone here. I have stated that as recently as today.

We can just go back to how things were. I don't want to have any bad feelings here. It defeats the purpose of what a support group is.

Again I'm sorry for any offense given. It was never my intention. Hugs to all. Joann

6. sawyersmom

sawyersmom Guest

just to add my two cents here................

I think it might be helpful to have a link to just Alopecia Areata, but I agree with Karen that I would miss out on all the wonderful support and information I have gleaned by all the other links..............

Beth

7. Karen

Karen Guest

Joann,

I was totally not offended and you have no reason to apologize at all. My thinking was why our hairloss is different from anyone else's, whether Androgenetic Alopecia or TE etc. But if we were going to separate them, then there should be a separation for all.

I did not think you were trying to make your own group. The thought never occurred to me as I wrote that and I apologize if that's the way I came off.

Geesh oh meanies - I've been gone for a week and one of the first posts I write I have to insert foot in mouth!

Joann you have been the person I go to when I have questions about Alopecia Areata and your advice and support have been like gold to me. I'm sorry if I made you feel badly.

8. Joann

Joann Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you for your message Karen. :) I did take things wrong. I guess I'm not totally cured of the self -confidence issues I've had for many years due to this darn disease.

I would never want to do anything to offend anyone here because I care about all of you so much.

Thanks again and no need to apologize. Big hugs. Joann

9. ScaredSally

ScaredSally Guest

I wasnt offended either but I have to agree it seems like we have signalled out Alopecia Areata as something in its own right whereby Androgenetic Alopecia, TE, Alopecia Universalis, etc all need their own headings also !!

I think its better as it was .. keeping it all under the same heading as it just feels like we are saying Alopecia Areata needs its own heading and well the other hair losses arent as important ....

I am a regualr user of another site and Androgenetic Alopecia isnt even mentioned on it .... even though they are all lovely and welcoming it feels like Androgenetic Alopecia is trivualised as not as damaging or traumatic....

Lets merge us all back together as one big happy family that we are :D

10. Spudsy35

Spudsy35 Guest

I have Alopecia Universalis and it really doesn't bother me whether theres an Alopecia Areata category or not, I see everyones point though, why make a category just for Alopecia Areata and not for all the other conditions.

It's funny when Sally says that she feels other sites trivialise Androgenetic Alopecia etc, because I sometimes feel posting on here that's the case with Alopecia Areata, AT, Alopecia Universalis, it must just be that we all have different takes on things.

Spudsy :D

11. ScaredSally

ScaredSally Guest

ha ha ha I suppose yrou right their Spudsy !! see I never even looked it that way !

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Joann,
    I am new to this forum, and I haven't had any direct contact with you, but I must say that I have read several of your replies to other members. You always offer such sage advice. You are compassionate, supportive and you have such a calming effect on so many. I'm sure all here can attest to that, and know that you always have the best of intentions. Keep on doing what you are doing. I love reading your posts because you speak from the heart. Looking forward to reading many more.

13. Joann

Joann Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    ((((Guest)))) Thank you :) Your kind words mean so much to me. I hope to get to know you a little better in the future. Take care. Hugs. Joann

14. spirit0727

spirit0727 Guest

Sorry, that post from a guest was from me. i thiught I had logged in. OOPS!

15. Joann

Joann Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Nice to meet you Spirit. :) Talk to you again soon. Hugs. Joann