Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

New here

Discussion in 'Newly Diagnosed Alopecians' started by aggiewife22, Oct 18, 2011.

1. aggiewife22

aggiewife22 Guest

I was recently (two days ago) diagnosed with Alopecia Universalis. I just had my second baby 7 months ago and my hair started falling out when she was about three months old. I just thought it was my hormones until about six weeks ago when it started falling out in clumps. I noticed small bald spots a couple weeks ago and I realized I didn't have hair on my arms or legs last week. I still have hair on my head and I still have my eybrows and eyelashes although they're getting pretty thin too. I'm glad I found this site because I know I'll have a lot of questions once the shock wears off :)

2. aries

aries Guest

I just wanted to welcome you and congratulate you on your new baby. I'm glad you joined us. As far as hair, I have Androgenetic Alopecia, but they're wonderful ladies on here with Alopecia Universalis that will offer you great support/advice.

3. Vlal

Vlal Guest

Hi and welcome. :) Sorry to hear of your diagnosis though.

4. dancer

dancer Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi
    I have Alopecia Universalis and like you my hair dissapeared very quickly and in big clumps, from very thick hair, could only but hair band around twice when it was in pony tail, to bald in four months! I do not have lashes eyebrows although in the past they have come and gone when they feel like it!
    It is a shock especially when it happens so quickly, :shock: if I can help in anyway feel free to ask pm if you want.
    congrats on your new baby :bravo:
    My thoughts are with you dancer ;)