Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

new stem cell report

Discussion in 'New Research, Studies, and Discoveries' started by kaebea, May 2, 2010.

1. kaebea

kaebea Guest

http://www.histogen.com/aboutus/news_events.htm

Hi, i just came across this article about stem cell research. I was quite happy to see that Craig Ziering is the PI for this research. he appeared on the Doctors TV show and demonstrated the revage 670 laser treatment.
    it wont be available, but it offers some hope that a cure is coming.
    the good news is that it sees to have long lasting results, no follow up or maintainance may be needed.

2. kaebea

kaebea Guest

oops, sorry, i just saw the same report referranced below!
    it's still exciting though :)

3. SabrinaLouise

SabrinaLouise Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
  4. kaebea

kaebea Guest

that's hilarious! don't know if its a joke or not but it's funny :)

5. SabrinaLouise

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, it is funny. And I don't think it is a joke. I just got done skimming through how to make your own laser helmut. Hmmmmmm.....

6. SabrinaLouise

Dislikes Received:
    I think I may have a laser helmut made for me. I texted my ex this morning giving him the website and asking him to do it for me (he owes me!)--he once made me a parazapper. I can just imagine me wearing this. It's pretty hilarious looking, but I'd look like a fool if it meant I'd get my hair back....

7. dying curls

dying curls Guest

I find it hard to believe that no maintenance shall be needed...unless you take the stem cells from the hair at the back of your head...and again only if you have backhead hair resistant to alopecia.

when you have Androgenetic Alopecia you have Androgenetic Alopecia...Still if maintenance is necessary i dont really care as long as it give new hairs.

8. kaebea

kaebea Guest

well, i'm no scientist, but i believe from what i've read, and i also think that there are several different angles that the research is being done from,
    once the protiens and information from the stem cells that is resistant to DHT is ingrained into your existing folicles, it becomes part of the dna. of course, long term studies have not been done, i think what they meant is that it doesn't all fall out within 3 or 4 months of discontinuing treatment, as many current medications do.
    the other angle i read about is that whole new folicles were generated in mice. i supposed depending on the dna from the stem cells, the new follicles could be targeted to be dht resistant.

it's very exciting research. and from what i've read they seem to be going forward with it pretty quickly.