Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

New To This, Need Advice From You Girls

Discussion in 'Wigs, Extensions, Toppers & Hair Systems' started by SomeoneSad, Feb 2, 2020.

1. SomeoneSad

SomeoneSad New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi girls,

So, I am new to the topper-wig-hair system community. The thing is, I never truly accepted my situation (hair loss) and I keep having this dreams where I recover my hair and its fantastic (lol). I had very beautiful hair which were doing a lot for my look, and now all I have is very thin hair very unhealthy and I keep losing ground everyday.

I tried antiandrogens, and I know at some dosage it works for me. Although I had gain weight, water retention and cellulite as sides, to a point I had to stop. I never completely recovered my figure, and after that was diagnised with PCOS (which I think resulted from stopping the antiandrogens treatment, because I did not had that previously).

I am quite desperate regarding what treatment I could use anymore, but I was thinking on getting back to minoxidil or just adopt a system. If I use minoxidil I will lose ground at first and I will need to wear something. But I am a bit lost regarding the offer in this particular area.

So I figured I would describe what I ideally would want, and maybe some of you can tell me if this exist and how to get it :

- I want a systemn which is the closest possible to my own hair (in beetween brown medium and dark brown)
    - I have a small head
    - I wear a bang
    - I comb my hair on one side to get volume, and I would like to be able to do the same with a system (can we part it anywhere?)
    - I would rather not take it of at night, as I am not leaving alone
    - Until now I have been wearing extensions, but I have so little hair now and they are so thin that it really is hurtful now to wear them, I am scared it will be the same with a clipping topper ?
    - Do undetectable systems really exist? What is their price approximately ?

Thank you, I tried to gather some info from this section, but there are really too much.

2. 4Robins

4Robins Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi there,

1.Depending on your budget (if it's quite low as mine) and you want to go with a Chinese company, you could send them a sample of your hair in the mail so the system matches yours.
    2.I have a big head, you just measure what you need to cover and they'll make that size topper for you. (Or you just order one that's already made, if it's suitable)
    3.Bangs are great
    4.Yes, you can ask for a system that's free parting, so you can part it anywhere.
    5.Depending on how you attach the system you don't need to take it off at night if you feel comfortable sleeping with it on. I don't take mine off most nights.
    6.I'm not sure if these are 100% undetectable to everyone. But they will be to the vast majority of people. Specially if they don't use them themselves.