Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

New topper coming! :)

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by HopefulMama, Mar 29, 2012.

1. HopefulMama

HopefulMama Member

Dislikes Received:
    Deleted

#1 HopefulMama, Mar 29, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
  2. Janie-Ann

Janie-Ann Guest

Everything you're asking about or worried about -- perfectly normal! Once you get it, we'll be here for you :)

Short term, make sure you ask Samantha your questions about caring for it. But don't be afraid! The first time you wash it yourself is going to be pretty scary - but honestly, it will be fine (when it's wet it's going to look like a scraggly dead rat -- don't despair, when it dries it'll be back to normal)

The positive thing I take from what you wrote is "it has a small base and not a lot of hair and seemed to be just the boost in coverage I was looking for." Too much hair in a topper is the worst (in my opinion). With a smallish piece, there won't be such a dramatic change when you wear it to work the first time. People will probably think you look good but won't be able to pinpoint exactly why. No one is as obsessed with our hair as we are... I think your husband and kids will adjust pretty quickly too -- in all these years, my husband frequently says "your hair looks nice." He's NEVER said "your wig looks nice." It just becomes... you.

The other thing is how your bio hair is going to look when you take the piece off at the end of the day. Likely it'll be pretty mashed down and will look a bit worse than if you hadn't been wearing the topper -- esp. in comparison to how nice it looked just a few seconds before. You'll learn to deal with that... one way or another.

So hang in there! Keep us posted. It's going to be great! Happy for you...

3. Vlal

Vlal Guest

How exciting. :woot:

4. JennKy

JennKy Guest

Congrats to you! That's awesome:) Sorry I can't offer any advice but your post gives me hope! The mini topper is exactly what I need and I can't find a decent person here in Vegas to get help from.
    I'm so scared and don't know the first thing about wearing hair.

Can you please give me Samantha's info so that I may contact her??
    I tried to google her but there isn't a # or a way to contact her, just an address in FL.
    Thanks so much!! I'd really appreciate it!!

Good luck with the topper :jump:

5. Janie-Ann

Janie-Ann Guest

I wear bangs so I don't have the issue of lining my part up with anything. But when Dov washes and styles it for me, sometimes he forgets and puts the part in the middle and I prefer it a bit on the side, sort of like the middle of my eyebrow. What he does to change it - after it's dry - is make the new part, blasts it with some heat from the blow dryer (not too much) and then holds his hand down flat against it/my head until it's cooled down (a few seconds) It's the heat and hand that sort of "sets" it and it stays there until next washing, even after brushing it out, it just falls there again.
    Check with Samantha about exactly how she recommends lining up your part. Maybe each "brand" of topper requires a different method?

Some women here have raved about their Yaffa's so I think you're going to be very happy. :)