Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

New treatment for Alopecia Areata?

Discussion in 'Women's Alopecia Areata' started by Yolanda-S, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Yolanda-S

Yolanda-S New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Ladies!

Long time reader, first time poster.

As for the title, well... maybe not new, i did find a post from 2009 about this Polypodium Leucotomos extract, but there was little in terms of feedback, although a ton of good info on the extract itself, so i'm wondering if anyone since has had any experience with it. During my usual google search on what to do to regrow my hair, i found this product Immunotrax (polypodium leucotomos - link at the bottom) and though i remain hopeful and will try it, i wanted to know if any of my fellow afflicted have tried it and what was your experience with it.

Off to work, have a great day everyone!

https://www.immunotrax.com/en/autoimmune/

2. Janek

Janek New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Let us know how it works for you. I'd be interested in buying it. Currently taking LDN (low dose naltrexone) with no results yet. This is in addition to totally changing diet, managing stress, meditating, etc... First sign of alopecia areata was in January 2016.

3. Yolanda-S

Yolanda-S New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Will definitely report back, I only just started taking it a couple days ago and was told i should start seeing the first signs of progress within a couple months depending on what stage of the growing process the follicle is in (the explanation was a bit more technical but that's what i gathered from it).

Janek, did you have any "incident" around that time that triggered it? In my case the first signs of it showed up about 3 months after my mom passed away, and from what ive read, most people see to have gone through some sort of trauma prior to noticing Alopecia Areata showing up.

4. Yolanda-S

Yolanda-S New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Small Update, its been 15 days so far and though no signs of new hair yet, but i have noticed my skin is clearing up. For as long as i can remember I've had rough patches of Eczema like rashes. They're not very noticeable unless i exercise or turn red for one of the many other reasons (i'm super white), but they seem to be going away and my skin getting softer. Pretty good side effect if you ask me. I'll post another update in 15 more days or so. Im hoping this is helpful to someone.

Yoli!

5. Tara49

Tara49 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    HI
    Did you keep up the LDN? Any results? Side effects? looks interesting. thanks

6. Yolanda-S

Yolanda-S New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi! don't know if anyone is reading this anymore!

If it helps anyone, I have not thought of my Alopecia Areata for a long time, until a month ago when I started noticing a small patch on crown area losing hair. I ordered some more of that product because it worked amazing last time, I highly recommend it