Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

New Vendor- DC area- New Curls- Pic

Discussion in 'Wigs, Extensions, Toppers & Hair Systems' started by eco_girl, Jun 8, 2016.

1. eco_girl

eco_girl Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Ladies,

My main Flora curly fall is now just over 3 years old. All things considered it's still in decent shape. Some split ends and some fading (I have colored it more than once). Last year I got a replacement that I didn't like as much. Definitely shorter, darker and not as comfortable. Decided to try a new vendor local to DC (based on recommendation of friend with a really good wig).

The place is Eivind and Hans of Georgetown. Hans does the hair replacement work. This place is 2 miles from where I live vs. 200 miles for Flora. I asked him if he could replicate my Flora curly fall. All in all it's a pretty good piece. The hair isn't as good a quality as my Flora fall.....but I also paid quite a bit less than the Flora fall. He's confident enough in his work that I didn't have to leave a deposit, which was nice. He's a super nice guy and easy to talk to. Has private area for consultation. Took about 6 weeks. I've had it for about two weeks now.....it's super comfortable (has clips) and now that I covered my gray it blends pretty well.

For those in the DC area- I'd recommend talking with them if you are looking for wigs, toppers, falls.....they do both human and synthetic hair.

Attached Files:

2. Leelees

Leelees Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Wow, you look amazing! It looks so natural!

I'm a curly girl so will be looking into getting a curly topper from Flora (I live in NJ). That's great to hear that your Flora fall still looks good after 3 years.

3. hairtothere

hairtothere Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Wow, super cute and very natural. Curls are so hard to do and before seeing this Flora was the only one I've known who does them well. She sources her har very well I have to give her that.

It looks like you struck gold with someone who is closer and costs less, the picture is worth a thousand words you look Fab!

4. eco_girl

eco_girl Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks everyone. I'm liking it more each time I wear it (I do have to accept I'll never get an exact replica of my last one....even from Flora)......hopefully it holds up over time.....I can be pretty hard on my pieces - but at least he's close by if I have any issues.

5. rva207

rva207 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Stunning! I'm in Virginia so that's good to know if I go that route in the future.

6. longhairedgirl

longhairedgirl New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Wow, looks amazing!! I'm still searching for somewhere in D.C., I may try this salon! Thank you for sharing the pic and info :)

7. jesswade

jesswade New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I'm in Northern VA and I made an appointment with him but I had to cancel. I love your piece, it looks so natural! I drove all the way up to Flora and I loved her but that is long way to go. Maybe I should go ahead and schedule an appointment again. Right now I'm wearing Fortune Toppers.

8. Silvi

Silvi Member

Dislikes Received:
    You girls are awesome!! I live in DC and was wondering about a real good place for hair pieces. Your hair looks so natural, and I am a person that believes can tell in many cases about fake hair, but the most beautiful thing of your hair is that it is undetectable, you just look so natural. Perfect!!!!

9. hairtothere

hairtothere Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Another place I'd recommend which isn't in DC but isn't that far and is worth the trip is Lena's Sheitels. She deals in really high end HH toppers, wigs and falls and her prices are amazing! She is an absolute doll and so nice to work with and will work with people by mail and has a decent return policy.

10. Silvi

Silvi Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you so much, I have started to look for remy hair human toppers.

11. Lcat114

Lcat114 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks!

So glad you posted this! I've been to Eivind and Hans too, though I just went for a consult and it was before my shedding got so bad. And I also have an Illusion Fall from Flora. The quality of the Illusion Fall is great, but I never felt quite right in it. My own hair quality is terrible: dry, very puffy and coarse, and it doesn't mix well with the lush hair of the topper. I also never had it cut in any way, as I was scared to. Now that I've read your post, I will make another trip to Georgetown to Eivind and Hans to see if he can do anything with my biohair to make the topper work, and see if he can style the topper to suit me a little better.
    It helps so much to know that you had success there. Sometimes it's scary to put your hair in someones Hans! (pun intended)