Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Newbie To The Group Whose Tried It All It Seems

Discussion in 'The Undiagnosed' started by Laura Quick, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Laura Quick

Laura Quick New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Help! I'm new to this group. My dermatologist scalp test diagnosis is androgenic alopecia. I'm 42 years old. Between my dermatologist and my OBGYN I've been on spiranalactone 50-100 mg, minoxidil for years. I have PCOS. I had twins in 2011 and seems steady hair loss since but it's been thinning for over a decade. I had a dermoid tumor on an ovary and removed the ovary in 2015. I've been taking propecia or finasteride for at least 6 months. In the last year I've had a drastic loss and change in texture entirely to fuzz. My labs don't seem to show anything unnormal. I've tried tons of herbs and supplements but it just gets worse. Lots of loss on the side in last 6 months. I'm at a loss and I feel like doctors are also. Not sure where to go from here. I apologize for grammar and I'm probably not posting in the right place but I'm new. Any suggestions?

2. Blue Panda

Blue Panda Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I don't really have any suggestions but wanted to welcome you to the board. I'm sorry what you have tried so far has not been helping. For some of us, nothing seems to, others get great results with a certain something. I have read that sometimes finasteride works better in conjunction with birth control. Have you ever tried that? Some people find a lot of success with it, but of course it's not without side effects either.

I empathize with the fuzz. I have a lot of it and it sits around my head like a fine hair halo (an unattractive frizzy one).

3. Laura Quick

Laura Quick New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you for responding! I've not tried it with birth control. I hasn't ever heard that actually. I guess at this point I'm kinda hoping for a miracle