Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Newest Featherlite Fall

Discussion in 'Wigs, Extensions, Toppers & Hair Systems' started by dragonfly, Jul 12, 2013.

1. dragonfly

dragonfly Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I got my second Phantom Fall from Featherlite and thought I would share. This one is a bit longer and more layered than the first, and is my clear favorite. I have never been so happy with a piece since I started on the supplemental hair journey. I don't generally post my pictures, but I have found it so helpful when others do that I wanted to give back to all of you who have given to me.

Attached Files:

2. hairscared

hairscared Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    I just wanted to say you look amazing in that hair. I loved your other featherlite but I am over the top in love with this.
    This is so natural looking, just gorgeous !
    Thank you for posting, I know I hate to put my pic out there too, but it really does help a lot of women find supplemental hair
    I agree this company makes the very best wigs - you really do get what you pay for !
    I have never been as happy as I am with my Featherlites......and it is so wonderful to have this behind us and what a comfort to know we can pick up
    a wig from this company anytime we want and the quality is always there. There are no surprises with what you get- I have gotten 3 of these featherlites and every single one of them came in perfect right out of the box.
    Enjoy, you look smashing !
    hugs,
    HS

3. dancer

dancer Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Looks lovely, so natural, enjoy!:)

4. Lily

Lily Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Are these HH? I'm assuming you pick the color and style you want?

5. dragonfly

dragonfly Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Hairscared and Dancer for you kind words. Like you, Hairscared, I have never, ever been so happy with my hair since I started this supplemental hair journey. Lily, all of Featherlite pieces are VEHH, the quality of which I have never seen anywhere else. It is truly amazing. I'm sure if you work with Isadore you can be as instructive as you feel comfortable with. For me, I described my hair color to her, and she said she had the perfect hair for me, and it turns out she did. I told her the basic length I wanted and described generally what I was after and left the rest to her. The first piece she did for me is just tad shorter and not as layered as this one. It is also straighter, where this one has more body, but the color is exact on both and exactly matches my bio hair in both color and texture, which is amazing because I've never had supplemental hair with this fine of texture. I love my first one, but I am over the top for this one. However, it is great that I can have different looks if I want to and it just looks like I styled my hair differently.

6. lilybug

lilybug Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Really beautiful hair and you look just wonderful. Thank you for posting a picture. Much appreciated.

7. nikks2

nikks2 Guest

You look amazing, and hope you feel it too :)

8. dragonfly

dragonfly Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you lilybug and nikks. It's been a long time since I have felt pretty and feminine. Even though I've worn hair for close to 4 years now, it was nothing that even compares to this :). These two Featherlites have honestly changed my world.

9. RaisinCookie

RaisinCookie Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    You look wonderful - the hair looks very natural. Thank you for posting - I find seeing pictures so helpful.

10. snowflake

snowflake Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
  11. dragonfly

dragonfly Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you RaisinCookie and snowflake :).

12. Angies100

Angies100 Guest

Hi,

That is really beautiful. I would love to get one. What is the difference between a phantom fall and a topper? What is the length of your piece. Did you have to trim your hair or did it come like that out of the box?

i wrote to her on fb asking for the price list for toppers.

regards

13. dragonfly

dragonfly Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you Angies. I believe the difference between a fall and a topper is that a fall has more hair and provides more complete coverage than a topper does. For instance, my hair shows on the sides, so I have to keep the gray taken care in that area, but, while it blends in with the rest, it doesn't really show. However, it does have to be the same color and texture. Does that make sense? I think a topper has less hair and is intended to kind of disappear into your own hair. I may be wrong about that as I've not had one, so if someone else has a better description please pitch in. This piece is 17 inches in the back measuring from the crown. The only thing I did to it was have the bangs cut in locally, other than that I didn't do anything, it came with these beautiful layers. If I hadn't needed bangs, I would have worn it right out of the package.

14. Angies100

Angies100 Guest

Thanks for your response.

I wrote to her on fb and this is the description that she send me

Machine Back Closed Stretch Cap Topper– 4.5 x 5.5” Multi Directional Top, 7x7 cap
    - Phantom falls are $200 less than full wigs. The cap measures 9x10 inches.

It sounds like phantom falls is a topper with a larger cap. 9x10 inches are quite big. Does the cap cover your entire head with just a bit of your fringe and sides to help to blend in?

Did you have to order for a custom one since yours is quite long. She has in the price list for different length. I am tossing between 16 and 18. As she does not have 17 in her list.

Do you have any problem with tangles and have you wash the piece? Do you have to do much styling after washing to keep the style?

sorry I have so many questions, hope you don't mind.

15. dragonfly

dragonfly Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    The cap does cover the majority of my head, but not the entire thing. The back comes down slightly over the bone at the base of my head, you know where it kind of bumps out. At first I thought maybe it was too big, but honestly it is more comfortable. When I had ones with a smaller cap, I couldn't rest my head back or lay on the couch because it always bumped the edge in back and kind of pushed the piece forward. This one lays totally flat against my head and doesn't do that at all. Also, I like having a little more temple coverage in case I have further loss as I expect these to last me for a very long time. Mine was a custom piece but mainly all she had in my color at the time was a wig, and I wanted a fall. I have two pieces from her; one I have washed and the one I posted here hasn't been washed yet. The one I washed came out absolutely beautifully and looks just like it did the day I got it. Other than running a flat iron on the ends, I haven't done any styling at all. The first one isn't as layered as this piece is. This second piece still looks just like it did in the pic I posted, and I have done nothing to it. I wear it all day every day, and even after being outside on breezy days, I just run a brush through it and it looks just like that. As for tangles, honestly neither of these pieces tangle, not even on the ends. Since she doesn't have a 17 inch on her list, I'm thinking I must have measured from a different place than she does and mine is probably a 16 inch.

No worries about all the questions, I'm happy to answer any you have :).

16. Joann

Joann Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Love it dragonfly!!!:woot: Thanks so much for sharing with us.

:grouphug: Joann

17. Angies100

Angies100 Guest

Dragon,

i read you old post and you were wearing flora falls before. How are these compared to flora? Which one is lighter? How long did you old flora last?

Since the cap cover the temple area, can you wear your hair or have high a pony tail? Also is the multi directional area silk top. Can you part your hair any where?it sounds like I should try a Phantom fall. I still have enough hair for the topper but I do have problem as you said that I can't sit back in my car or lie down. I would like to wear my hair up occasionally for variation. I can't do that with my topper.

18. dragonfly

dragonfly Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Angies - Yes, I was wearing Flora falls before. Honestly, I've had the oldest one for close to 4 years now, and other than the fact that the color has dramatically faded, it is still in good shape, as are the other two, although also quite faded. The FL is lighter and the hair is finer, exact to my own hair texture. Also, the density is totally natural. For example, I could never tuck my Flora behind my ears because it was too thick, but with the FL it is no problem. Also in all honesty I have to say that I have NEVER seen hair that is this quality, it is truly like spun silk. I wore it up in a pony all day yesterday, not as high as you might your bio hair, but not a low one either. However, I don't wear it up very often because, with both Flora and FL, I find that the weight of the pony in the back pulls a bit on the front clips and by the end of the day it's bothering me. The FL doesn't pull as much, even though it is quite a bit longer than my Flora's were, but it still does it. I'm sure there are ways to wear it up in ways that it won't do that, but I'm not very good at that sort of thing. If you have suggestions I'd love to hear them. The cap is silk and can be parted anyplace you want. If I want to change my part, I just wet my hand and run it through the top to dampen it a bit; works perfectly. This is the first time since wearing hair that I feel like I look totally natural. I really don't think anyone could tell when I was wearing my Flora's, but this hair is so like my bio hair, that I feel totally like me again.

19. Angies100

Angies100 Guest

I think I will order a 18" fall after talking to you. It must be so good for you to order two because they are quite expensive. My old toppers are only 2 years old and my latest one is only 6 months so there are quite a lot of life left in them. my latest one is 18" and it tangles badly. So I am very disappointed with the hair quality.

thanks for your help. I will come back with update when I get mine.

20. Bugs

Bugs Guest

Feather lite

Hi,
    I'm new! Just wondering how to find feather lite wigs, and what the average price is for a topper? Does this site have private message capabilities-- ? I couldn't figure out how!
    Bugs