Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"
  1. michelesmith

michelesmith Guest

where do you buy that nizoral shampoo is it internet order only? im using the nioxin line now which im quite pleased with but would like to try this too........

2. Redheaduk

Redheaduk Guest

Where do you live Michele?

In the UK, you can buy it in chemists but it was previously only available on prescription and I think in some countries that is still the case.
    In the US, I'm pretty sure you can buy it in most drugstores.

3. michelesmith

michelesmith Guest

i live in New York, does anyone know where its sold, drugstores or fine salons

4. jerseygirl

jerseygirl Guest

You can find it in Walmart, Target, CVS, RiteAid, Walgreens's, grocery stores, etc.

5. alicat

alicat Guest

yes i believe it's available in most stores. here in ontario we only have 2%

6. angieangie

angieangie Guest

Same in Quebec.

7. cookielady

cookielady Guest

Got the 2% at a Superstore here in B.C.

8. alicat

alicat Guest

seems like canada only sells the 2%

9. cookielady

cookielady Guest

Didn't know you could get it in a stronger formula. Can't imagine it. I use it rarely cause it really dries out my hair and strips the colour.

10. livEyourlife

livEyourlife Guest

Michelesmith- get it at Walmart! lol
    I've seen the prices at Walmart, CVS, Walgreen's, Pathmark, Duane Reade, etc.
    Ranges from $9.34? (Walmart) to $10.99 at Pathmark.
    This is for Nizoral 1%.
    I dunno which area of New York you live in but then that's how the prices are around where I live!

11. michelesmith

michelesmith Guest

i saw the nizoral at walmart but it said it was for flakes and itching which i really dont have so should i not use it?

12. Blue Bird

Blue Bird Guest

FYI

The 2% actually made my head irritated. I went back to the 1%..

13. livEyourlife

livEyourlife Guest

I'm sorry if I'm using the wrong scientific terms.

If you search around the forum, I think Kiara posted bits of excerpts from papers done on the effects of Nizoral and Rogaine. And the ingredient in Nizoral 1% Ketoce...WHATEVER lol. Basically blocked dht and made a better environment for hair regrowth, and the diameter of hair was shown to be thicker. With the 2% used every time one showered, it had the same effects as using Rogaine 2% twice a day.

I don't have itchy scalp either but I have dandruff. I like it since it doesn't give me a ton of shed yet cleans it all out. And personally I think it's awesome since it does that and then my hair's naturally wavy and it keeps it that way as well. I use 1%.

14. snowflake

snowflake Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    I use 2% here in Saskatchewan (Cananda). I apply it to my scalp while my regular shampoo is on my hair. That way it isn't sitting on the rest of my hair.

15. Hayley

Hayley Guest

I'm thinking of trying this but i have a few questions.

Firstly - which do i get? I've seen this around on shop shelves http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/nizoral- ... _1085.html but it doesnt say "1%" anywhere. It does though say it contains "Ketoconazole 20mg/g"

Is that product the same as this? http://www.minoxidil-direct.co.uk/nizoral.htm which i know is the stuff to try for hair loss, but is like double the price

Secondly - my rogaine foam says to wash my hair with a mild shampoo and i'm thinking nizoral is defo not mild. And i see that others use these two together, so how do you do it?

16. snowflake

Dislikes Received:
    Those are both 1% not 2%. I use 2% with my minoxidal and there is no problem. The way I use it is a few times per week with my other shampoo all over my hair I apply the nizoral just to the scalp and leave it on while doing something else (brushing teeth, shaving etc.) then I rinse off and condition. It is worth a try.

17. Hayley

Hayley Guest

So the first one i showed is ok to get even though it doesnt say 1% anywhere? :lost:

18. snowflake

Dislikes Received:
    Well it doesn't say 2% so I am assuming it is 1%.

19. angieangie

angieangie Guest

Actually the first one is 2%... 20mg/g is 2%.

20. snowflake

Dislikes Received:
    Oh really? On my bottle it clearly states 2%.