Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"
  1. Hayley

Hayley Guest

:lost: I'm surprised that this is so easy to get hold of. I think my parents have the one in the first link so i'll steal that

2. Hayley

Hayley Guest

Well i just went and bought some. Had to ask the pharmacist for it and when he asked me why i wanted it, i was honest, and he looked at me like i was mad :laugh:

3. angieangie

angieangie Guest

Yeah, the ones they sell in Canada just say 2%

4. Melon

Melon Guest

I was put on nizoral by my Dr for slight psoriasis at the bottom of my hairline to be used once a week. I'm on the 2% one prescribed.

My Dermatologist has upped my usage to twice weekly as there has been some clinical evidence that it can reverse hair shedding. I'm not really a good advert for it at the moment. I have so much stress in my life that I'm not really a good one to comment on how successful it is or not! :woot:

5. Hayley

Hayley Guest

Melon, does your bottle look like the one i bought?

6. alicat

alicat Guest

what is the reason you use it?

7. Hayley

Hayley Guest

To increase my hair thickness hopefully. But i didnt go into detail with him. I just said its good for hair loss

8. alicat

alicat Guest

That's what I thought!

I have two big bottles here and I wish I didn't buy them because I am not using them. All Nizoral did was irritate my scalp.

9. Hayley

Hayley Guest

oh dear :crazy: to be honest i regretted getting the 100ml bottle for £10 when i could have tried a 60ml one for under £5 first :whistle:

10. alicat

alicat Guest

i had the same sort of thing happen.

when i was hopeful to get my hair back, i bought nizoral 60ml for like $10!

i used up that bottle, went to costco and bought 2x120ml bottles for $18!

i lost hope for regrowing my hair, so now i have one full bottle of nizoral, plus a lot of the other one left. :roll:

11. kaylee

kaylee Guest

To be honest, I found Nizoral and Nioxin to really, really dry out my hair! Plus it totally stripped the color so I quit using it and my hair is much shiner now. Anyone else have this prob?

12. angieangie

angieangie Guest

If you want you could send it to me and I could pay you. That way it wouldn't go to waste.

13. web_diva

web_diva Guest

Michelle, I mail ordered mine from a pharmacy in Canada. Not sure of the name. It was under $15 a bottle. I've since gotten a derm to prescribe it - may as well use my prescription plan!! I find it to be drying like the other gals say. I use Mediceuticals one day then Nizoral the next which seems to help. My scalp is in great condition since I started this. The emu oil probably isn't hurting either!

14. agasucks ;p

agasucks ;p Guest

yes april it dulls my hair as well...but...id rather have duller hair that i can put some bumble and bumble shine stuff in than wads of hair in my hands.

...gross.

15. Blue Bird

Blue Bird Guest

Nizoral does NOTHING for my itching.... :(

16. finaleofseem

finaleofseem Guest

BB,

Have you tried Tgel or Tsal for the itching, if Nizoral doesn't do anything? They have different active ingredients, so maybe one of them would do something?

17. Blue Bird

Blue Bird Guest

I am afraid to try anything with zinc in it cuz it was shown in a study vs Nizoral to decrease hair density..... :dunno:

But if it has tar in it maybe thats ok...

18. finaleofseem

finaleofseem Guest

BB,

I understand your fear about the zinc. I know that T-gel uses it, but I'm not sure that T-Sal does? And, the active ingredient in T-sal is salicylic acid, not coal tar.

Like I said, I'm not sure. But it may be worth looking into. Also, the Neutrogena website lists all the different kinds of medicated shampoos they sell for scalp irritation. It may be a good place to start, if you want to do any research.