Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

No more nose piercing? What else is next?

Discussion in 'Living with Androgenetic Alopecia' started by Bengal77, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Bengal77

Bengal77 Member

Dislikes Received:
    I have a nose piercing that I got over a year ago. It's one of my favorites and it makes me feel like me, despite all of the funkiness going on with my hair. I've just found out that because I've lost so much nose hair that the piercing doesn't want to sit right because there's nothing for it to sit on. It keeps turning down and poking out my nose. Ick! My nose also doesn't like rings, so that's why I had to switch back to the screw. I felt awful yesterday. Yet another part of "me" is being taken away by this stupid hair loss (I have Androgenetic Alopecia and TE).

2. Taskmistress

Taskmistress Guest

Which type of jewelry are using? Have you tried getting a piece with a shorter post?

3. Bengal77

Bengal77 Member

Dislikes Received:
    It's a titanium jeweled stud that my piercer bent and custom fitted for me. I had him bend it into an L shape instead of a screw and that seems to be helping as he made it tighter this time. I was just bummed that one more thing has been made difficult from this hair loss. I had no idea how much nose hair I'd lost until he pointed it out.

4. Taskmistress

Taskmistress Guest

Sorry that you are bummed out :( Maybe he can bend it some more or at least get you another piece that is shorter. I assume you are talking about a nostril piercing? I have my septum pierced but was never able to wear a full ring it. It just didn't feel right. I wear a horseshoe type ring made out of implant grade surgical steel. It's quite comfy. :p

5. Bengal77

Bengal77 Member

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah it's a nostril piercing. It seems to be doing better now, it was just a shock because I'd never considered it affecting something like that.

6. Alliegator

Alliegator Guest

I miss having my nose pierced! I had it done in college. Then, after college, when I was trying to get a business job, I had to take it out. I was so sad! I really miss it. I actually had it done 3 times!!! The first went well. One day I was taking a shower not long after I got it & it came out. The hole closed up. Then I decided to have it done again & 1/2 way through, my nose started bleeding badly. They had to take the needle out and start over. After all that, I would probably have it done again. haha.