Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

No poo treatment

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by samar2000, Dec 15, 2014.

1. samar2000

samar2000 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    For those who have SD. Has anybody tried washing their hair with baking soda and ACV? There's a lot of info on the Internet about this, it's called the no poo treatment. It supposed to almost cure sebhorriec dermatitis on scalp. But there are a few negative comments as well, that's why I wanted to know if anybody tried it, to see if it's effective.

2. Eunmi

Eunmi Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Can't say I've tried ACV, but I did try mixing baking soda with a normal shampoo.
    It worked for a couple of days but came back shortly a few days after.

3. Blue Panda

Blue Panda Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I don't have confirmed SD but I do get an itchy flaky scalp from regular shampoo (and in general). I tried no poo but my head just got greasy and even itchier and I couldn't stand it. The ACV seemed to burn slightly and irritate it as well. In the end I found a really gentle natural shampoo that doesn't cure the problem but helps with the itchy at least.

My husband gets SD and our derm. recommended Nizoral or Selsun (the treatment one in the brown container, it stinks but it does the job).

4. mycurlyhair

mycurlyhair Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    I tried for a week and my scalp didnt like it. They say it takes longer to adjust but I didnt wanna wait. I have read on a few hair sites that the baking soda stripped thier and ruined it. :(