Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Norwood Vs Ludwig Hairloss, Do You Treat These The Same?

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by sleepywaif, Jun 7, 2019.

Tags:
  1. sleepywaif

sleepywaif Member

Dislikes Received:
    hi all

im confused

from what im reading fphl is what you call Androgenic Alopecia
    is this the case even if you have a norwood pattern loss? can you have norwood pattern loss as a woman and it doesnt hit the top of your head or i guess eventually it gets so bad it hits there?

my hair loss is distinctly norwood. i am happy with my part (can't believe i'm saying this) but i hate my temples and my frontal recession. i'm literally dumping minoxidil and it's still receding. it helps tho, don't get me wrong

to complicate matters i definitely have TE, i'm shedding huge wads of hair daily

i do not have high dht, i would be one of those women whose follicles are sensitive to androgens

2. sleepywaif

sleepywaif Member

Dislikes Received:
  3. TinaM1968

TinaM1968 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    i don’t think the before pic looks bad either. Looks like a normal part to me.

sleepywaif likes this.
  4. sleepywaif

sleepywaif Member

Dislikes Received:
    I guess they were starting her because she was shedding a lot. kind of like me I'm shedding tons and tons of. Even though my part looks okay for now.... But I had a lot more hair originally

I think the humidity makes my part look better too.

With all that factored in...hairloss at my part compared to temples (bald) and frontal (receeding with tons of minoxidil), definitely not like most women I see

I'm gonna try

Topical finasteride at lowest dose...It's possible I only need to lower my DHT by a tiny bit.
    Dermarolling 1.5 needle
    1 percent nizoral or higher if I can figure out where to buy
    Rosemary oil
    Iron + vit c supplements... mostly around my period bc I have a low tibc
    Zinc
    Maybe topical estrogen or progesterone applied near scalp...Need to experiment.
    Im taking a tiny dose of metformin to get my insulin down

I have IR but not pcos. Get my periods like clockwork and super heavy (bc of low ft3?? And definitely low progesterone)

I hate counting hairs so I'm just putting them in little baggies to track if my shedding decreases. You can hold them up to the light and easily tell if one's more or less than the other

#4 sleepywaif, Jun 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  5. Sandy

Sandy Member

Dislikes Received:
    I was diagnosed by one dr with olsens type female hair loss but cant find much about this, does anyone know the difference?

6. Sandy

Sandy Member

Dislikes Received:

7. Sandy

Sandy Member

Dislikes Received:
    I am post menopausal but trying the same except i wont do rogaine and for now am trying flax seeds as possible natural alternative to finasteride. If this doesnt work i may try finasteride in a few months. Prior to considering transplant.
    I have been taking now for two months stinging nettle root that i feel has helped a lot in controlling hair loss. I also see temples slightly filled in although not sure if it is how i part the hair, but the front center hairline is the same that really distresses me. I dont know if this will ever improve in that it has been like this since menopause around 20 years ago.

sleepywaif likes this.
  8. Sandy

Sandy Member

Dislikes Received:
    I wish that dermatologist was closer to home. I dont know if i have the same problem although i am more preoccupied with my frontal hairline loss

9. sleepywaif

sleepywaif Member

Dislikes Received:
    I have not heard of this, definitely curious as mine doesn't fit the normal pattern either

10. sleepywaif

sleepywaif Member

Dislikes Received:
    interesting, I need to look into stinging nettle root. swanson's had a sale recently and i went a little nuts, can't hurt to try new things, especially if they're cheap. if i can get my shedding down into normal levels i will get a transplant. but if i shed huge wads, there's no point. the las few days my sheddings drastically decreased so my mood's impoved a lot lol

i might buy this woman's book
    https://www.larabriden.com/
    i know my sex hormones are messed up...definitely need to get my progesterone up. at the very least it won't wipe out my ferritin each month.

11. Sandy

Sandy Member

Dislikes Received:
    I dont want to jinx by mentioning it but stinging nettle root, 1/day of 500, has helped significantly, maybe i now lose 1-2 in shower and some when i brush but nothing alarming, before when i touched my hair it would come out. The loss now really less. I started this two month ago. I started flax seed about 3 week ago because i read it a natural alternative to finasteride, maybe not as effective but some have said it helps, it cant hurt. My hair has been looking better but it says one needs between 3-6 months to see improvement. If not i may consider trying finasteride and if that doesnt work i am ‘thinking’ if i do transplant.

12. Sandy

Sandy Member

Dislikes Received:
    Well, as an update now I think my hair is getting worse, I have been taking stinging nettle root 1/day of 500, and 1 tablespoon of flaxseeds and at first I was very optimistic thinking it was helping, my hair definitely seemed to be better, even my husband commented, but now it seems the front hairline is worse, there are even small pin-like holes in the front, I am not certain what they mean but I imagine it is where the hair used to be and gone forever (?).....I will show an image here. I know it wasn't like this even a couple months ago, so I am very depressed. I am so desperate now, I am seriously considering the hair transplant. There are now 3 doctors who say I am a good candidate due to good donor area, although it's the last thing I want to do.........

Attached Files:

sleepywaif likes this.
  13. sleepywaif

sleepywaif Member

Dislikes Received:
    i don't like that post but i DO..your frontal hairline is similar to mine. i have natural auburn hair