Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

oily scalp

Discussion in 'Women's Alopecia Areata' started by SAMANTHA07, Feb 26, 2008.

1. SAMANTHA07

SAMANTHA07 Guest

since abot 3 days ago i noticed alot of sebum(oil) on my scalp. it actually feels alot of oil. has anyone expirenced te same?

2. alicat

alicat Guest

mine is oily sometimes. i notice if i touch my scalp a lot i get a lot more oil than normal. i am trying to keep my hands off my scalp!!

3. angieangie

angieangie Guest

My scalp is always oily, but I think it's because I try to feel hair growing 1000000000 times a day.

4. alicat

alicat Guest

stop it!!
    i do that and i end up giving myself pimples on my scalp.

5. angieangie

angieangie Guest

I think I have one coming on lmao... I should stop it because it makes me have to wash my hair more often.

6. alicat

alicat Guest

it's a vicious cycle.

7. angieangie

angieangie Guest

I can't wait until summer. I can start going out and keep my hands off my hair... and on my bike handles!

8. Mirkin

Mirkin Guest

HEHEHE! My scalp is oily also. Mine burns at times. I dont understand the oily thing. Maybe I notice it now because I feel more scalp. My hair was thick and I never felt my scalp that much. Samantha how are you? I hope things improve. What a nightmare this can be. Keep positive!

9. alicat

alicat Guest

I agree Mirkin. Before my hair got so sparse I wouldn't have been able to tell if my scalp was oily or not. Now there's not as much hair to attach the oil to and I can really feel it. Arg.
    Also, because I'm obsessing over my hair now I'm noticing things that may or may not have been happening before.

10. SAMANTHA07

SAMANTHA07 Guest

i am not bad mirkin, sometimes i really accept this situation, i have to keep in my mind that, there are chanced that i will not have regrowth.
    i don't cry that much anymore.......
    for now :)

11. alicat

alicat Guest

do you ladies also get a shiny scalp or little bumps?

12. angieangie

angieangie Guest

I get bumbs. I think they come when you touch your scalp a lot. Also, dandruff can make a bumpy texture.

13. Mirkin

Mirkin Guest

I used to cry a lot also. I am trying to come to terms with it and deal. I have a wig on today. Just hate looking at the hair fall.Need to cut it but afraid. I hate being a slave to my hair. i have to say this forum had helped a lot. People dont understand. I have small kids so they keep me busy. I feel guilty for letting my hair consume me. My children suffer due to me being an emotional mess.

14. SAMANTHA07

SAMANTHA07 Guest

O MIRKIN. I TOTALY UNDERSTAND YOU, THAT HOW I FEEL TOWORDS MY DAUGHTER!

15. Mirkin

Mirkin Guest

Samantha went out with my little ones to the mall tried my best to smile. Wore the wig and felt as if everyone was staring. I have to get strong. Going to a fab wig maker on Monday. Its in Cali on Melrose. I will get a nice european human hair. They only sale the top of the line wigs. They cut and color them. Wish me luck. Hope I dont look like I have a mop on my head lol! We are both great mothers and we will over come this.

16. SAMANTHA07

SAMANTHA07 Guest

YOU SHOULD NO WORRY ABOUT WIGS.
    I HAVE BOUGHT A SINTETIC ONE IN DECEMBER AND I JANUARY A HUMAR HAIR ONE.
    WELL I STILL STRUGGLE WITH THE HUMAN HAIR WIG AS IT NEED ALOT OF STYLING AND I NEVER WAS VERY HANDY WITH HAIR.
    YOU THINK THAT PEOPLE WILL NOTICE THAT IT IS A WIG, WELL I DON'T THINK SO, IF YOU CHOOSE A NATURAL ONE.
    SOMETIMES I DO THINK THAT MAYBE SOMEONE HAS UNDERSTOOD THAT I HAVE A PROBLEM, AND THEN I SAY WHAT THE HECK! IT'S NONE OF THEIR FUCKEN BUISNESS!! :bravo:

17. alicat

alicat Guest

dandruff can make a bumpy texture? really?

18. angieangie

angieangie Guest

Well if there's a lot of it and it's clumped up with the oil... I tend to scratch my dandruff too, so it makes it even more bumpy.