Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

PAgirls' Story (age 35, unknown hair loss)

Discussion in 'Tell Your Story' started by PAgirl, Nov 11, 2016.

1. PAgirl

PAgirl New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi,
    I found this site while trying to decide if I should switch from finasteride to Spironolactone. I have been prescribes both on separate occasions and hesitated to start anything at all but have gotten desperate in the last few months. Been on finasteride for 2 months and the shedding just is horrible. No end in sight :(
    I started rapidly losing my hair a year and a half ago, soon after having a hysterectomy. I am not on hormone therapy bc I still have my ovaries. I have lost 2/3 of my hair already, and I started out with A LOT. Along with my hair loss I have been enduring many strange health issues (chronic debilitating migraines, constant nausea and inability to gain weight, fatigue and weakness, anxiety and insomnia, vision problems....)
    I have been to my OBGYN for testing, she sent me to a dermatologist and endocrinologist who did extensive testing, then sent me to a rheumatologist for even more testing, no answers. The only tests that were a off was low vitamin D (so I took an expensive supplement for 4 months with no changes) and a high ANA which none of my doctors seem too concerned about.
    I have also tried taking biotin, and collagen powder with no noticeable results.
    Nice to meet everyone.
    I have one question, can I add a before and after photo to my profile so people can see the amount of hair loss? thanks!

2. dancer

dancer Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi
    I don't often visit these boards anymore but saw your post and my health issues worsened after my hysterectomy. Surgery can often trigger health problems

You our don't mention all your symptons but do you get racing heart and dizziness? Cfs and POTS (postural orthstatic tachycardia syndrome a form of dysautonomic ) are very under diagnoised and not known by many health professionals it's just a stab in the dark but thought I mention it as both these conditions include your symptons but other critea as well

I know it can be very disheartening to keep being told nothing is wrong but keep searching it's worth it in the end !