Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

PCOS Expert/Consultant, England?

Discussion in 'PCOS Community' started by sadie_2008, May 22, 2008.

1. sadie_2008

sadie_2008 Guest

Hi Ladies,

Just wanted to ask who you have seen, if you are from England, re. your PCOS and particularly, whether you have had much empathy from them re. the hair loss issue?

So far I have seen a second rate Endo called Dr Hurel at the London Bridge Hospital whom I complained about and got a refund of my BUPA fees :) Some people need to be put in their place!

Any recommendations welcome!!!

I know there is a Dr Gerard Conway at the UCLH. Anyone been to him? I hear from the Verity PCOS board that he varies between being empathetic and an a55hole re hair loss issues. The last thing I want to do is see another useless quack.

Thanks.

2. VANESA

VANESA Guest

Good on you for complaining.. some Doctors need teaching... they do need to think of their patients as customers as that is what they are - they make money from us and the need to learn some bedside manner and the way to talk to people and to understand someones feelings and motivatiosn for being there not just taking our money.

Having said that there are many wonderful hardworking doctors who are in the job for the RIGHT REASONS.. as there are many many great nurses too.