Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

People with Chrones & IBS are canidates for Alopecia Areata

Discussion in 'Women's Alopecia Areata' started by stress45, Oct 26, 2006.

1. stress45

stress45 Guest

I was reading an article on Alopecia Areata and many people who suffer from this have Chrones or IBS. The dr was saying that if you have Chrones disease your body has trouble absorbing nutrients your hair needs to grow healthy. I myself have severe IBS and it is triggered by stress. Stress can be a factor on hairloss. The reason I'm writing this is,a co-worker of mine and I were talking about hairloss. The poor woman lost all her hair 2 years ago. Amazingly enough she has grown back a head of hair. It's not what she use to have, but she is greatful to have a head of hair thin or not. She is my inspiration today. The reason I'm writing about this topic is that she was on 30 prescriptions a day for her Chrones. She has now stopped all medication. What she has started to take is Organic green barley grass for her stomach. This co-worker of mine says she has never felt better in her life. She went to a hollistic dr. Good luck to anyone out there that may have Alopecia Areata and Chrones maybe an organic nutritionist may help you too. :)

2. MoonGoddess

MoonGoddess Guest

Hi Stress45,
    Thanks for sharing your story. I have an immune dysfunction illness and one of the symptoms is IBS. I believe starting birth control pills 10 years ago created alot of havic in my healthy body. My hair started thinning about 6-8 months after starting bcp's. That is also when I started having digestive problems. I stopped taking the pill in May 2006. I am currently working on healing myself - physically, emotionally and spiritually. I also feel that I am not absorbing nutrients from food or supplements. I have changed my diet and am now trying to find a healthy and gentle way to clean out my digestive tract, nourish/replenish it and keep it healthy. I hope once my body becomes balanced that my hair cycle will also balance out.
    Thanks again for sharing your story. It gives me hope!!
    Much Love & Light to you.

3. stress45

stress45 Guest

Hi MoonGoddess,

I hope your new healthy diet helps you. No one deserves this hairloss nightmare. I wanted to share this information for anyone who maybe suffering from IBS or chrones disease. I started taking suppliments myself. I'm taking amino acid 3 tblespoons per day. I bought it at GNC health food store. A hairdresser suggested taking this. In addition, I'm also taking vitamin b-complete. It has all essential vitamins we need for healthy hair skin & nails.

Lots of luck hun.

4. MoonGoddess

MoonGoddess Guest

Thanks again for your post. It makes sense that if the body is not absorbing nutrients/food then it can cause hair loss.
    I am also taking some supplements for my hair/health condition. I am going to start B12 injections sometime next week. I learned how to give them to myself at my dr. appt last Wed so now I am just waiting for the supplies to arrive in the mail. I can't believe I gave myself a shot!!
    It would be nice that once we healed our intestinal/digestive tract our hair would start to grow back.
    Good luck to you. I hope you start to feel better soon!
    Much Love & Light.