Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Phone with the endo about yeast...

Discussion in 'PCOS Community' started by dying curls, May 20, 2008.

1. dying curls

dying curls Guest

So i have had a yest infection for two yearsand a half ...yeah..you understood me...it happened when my gyn at the time told me to stop the pill that it was impossible i had PCOS ect...then after stopping the pill i find my slef with a nice yeast infection that i attribute to the brutal hormonal chane, and it went slightly better once i was back on the med but the nice cottage discharge..never went off...it reduced a bit though....

I changed my HRT three months ago , i replaced my bcp by natural estrogens. I tolerate it well and it's fine. at the same time i went ago for another treatment for the yeast..(ive been through so many i cant count them)..the new treatment that is supposed to be a yeast bomb ..did not work...
    so my endo (another one better) told me to give her a call to know how the treatment went it was a two months treatment...i told her it did not work...she told me to change again my HRT to see the effect...
    Now i am on androcur plus 2 miligram of natural estrogens a month, she wants me to get the 1 mg pill of natural estrogens instead of the 2mg...I dunno if hair speaking it is a good idea or not...I am a bit scared..she thinks maybe the dosage is still a bit strong for me...mh...I drather try another treatment before..i dont wanna take another risk for my hair even if the change for the 2mg of estrogens went fine...i dunno how the change to 1 mg will affect my hair...

if you ladies have any idea...

2. curlyone

curlyone Guest

Oh you poor thing! That must be agony! :( I can understand why you wouldn't want to decrease the estrogen dose if thus far things are going well. Did the endo give a rationale as to why she thinks that decreasing the dose would help with your yeast infection?

3. dying curls

dying curls Guest

well i was already scared of changing my treatment but it went perfectly well...
    My endo said that it is possible that i was producing naturally still enough estrogens that I did not need the 2 mg dose , and that i maybe had too much estrogen for my body and this was favouring the yeast that would not leave...

Well...i know this wont affect my andorgen levels..but estrogens are good as well for hair so i dunno...

i was wondering also the difference btw estradiol (natural estrogen) and ethynilestradiol...i know the difference but i would like to know in terms of dosage...before i was on a BCP (ethynilestradiol) and it was a lower dosage than the estradiol...yet i was still fine hair speaking on it...so that is why i was looking about the differen in dosage and in terms of effect between the two types of estrogens...because if they are similar then i guess i can lower my estradiol dose.

4. Angela75

Angela75 Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
  5. aries

aries Guest

Are you sure your husband, boyfriend, etc... is not re-infecting you? My goodness I don't know how you can stand it. It sounds like you never really got rid of the infection and it just lays on the back burner and then comes to the surface from time to time. Maybe a stronger medication? Good luck with that.

6. dying curls

dying curls Guest

well...i am with my boyfriend since 5 months and have been following many treatments before..so i dont thinthat is the prob..plus right now he has exams..and we havent really..you know since the last pill i took from the treatment..so well..

I was always thinking the cause was IR..hence the yeast diet...because pcos, IR and diabetic people are more prone to yeast and this happened at my worst PCOS period..that is why i wanted met too but i was said NO NO NO...

Ans i ve been on a sugar free diet for about six month in 2007 since i did not se emuch of a difference i stopped i just went from 47 to 44 kilos...i did nto reallyneed that...

I am lucky in that it does not itch or smell or anything , i ve the discharge ..but also during intercourse it makes me of cours emore sensitive...
    the only thing that worked was sodium bicarbonate ovula..for one months and a half after i stopped them i had absolutely nothing....but then it came back..not as strong but still..

7. dying curls

dying curls Guest

the las ttreatment i took was the strongest on the market :dunno: it caused me so much pain in my stomach for a while as well..i ve taken it twice but i ve seen on french website that you have to take it three times at least in case of tenacious yeast...so i think i am gonna try one more time in case...