Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Picture of Eyebrow Regrowth

Discussion in 'Women's Alopecia Universalis & Totalis' started by Joann, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Joann

Joann Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Girls,

I had promised to put up a picture of the eyebrow regrowth I'm having awhile ago. I'm late but here it is. As you can see the left eyebrow is filling in quite a bit. The right one does have hairs at the outer edge but it's hard to see in the picture. This is happening about 9 years after total eyebrow loss. I never had a single hair grow in all these years. Why now? I have no idea.

My eyelashes started to grow in and have stayed for more than a year, maybe closer to two years. I have been losing the bottom lashes,mostly of the right eye, but again you as you can see in the picture I have a full set of top lashes on both eyes.

I will be very happy if the brows and lashes remain but know they can go again. However, it's such a positive thing to have happen after years of total loss I wanted to share.

Joann

Attached Files:

2. New2AA

New2AA Guest

I am so happy for you :)

I will show your picture to my daughter. She will be thrilled to hear of your eyebrow regrowth too.

3. dancer

dancer Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    They have grown really well , so lovely for you.....enjoy! :)

4. starshine

starshine Guest

Joann, that is amazing! So happy for you, hope they stay. Your lashes look wonderful also. I wish mine would darken like yours, the new brows I have are white and while I never lost my lashes, it seems like they have also turned white. So strange.

5. Joann

Joann Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks girls. The picture isn't the greatest. I had my daughter take a few but this was the best of the lot. I'll keep you updated.

Starshine, when my eyelashes first started growing back they started out white but darkened as they grew longer. My eyebrows on the other hand were dark from the get go. Alopecia Areata doesn't follow any set pattern. Your brows could start to darken.

:grouphug: Joann

6. Lost

Lost Guest

Wow!!! your eyebrows and lashes look great!!!! <3

7. Joann

Joann Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Lost. Nice to hear from you.:)

Hugs,
    Joann

8. Lost

Lost Guest

Hi Joann I check in from time to time..I have been having alot of health issues so very busy with Dr. appointments( ugh) when I see a poat that hits me I respond other then that I don't have much to add anymore as my hairlloss slowly continues,take care I hope ALL your brows and lashes come back!!! <3 D.