Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Pictures - 2006 NAAF Conference

Discussion in 'Women's Alopecia Areata' started by Joann, Jul 10, 2006.

1. Joann

Joann Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Girls, I wanted to post a few pictures for all of you. The first is me and my friend Jennie at Mall of America, the second is of Dotty and I at the Saturday night dance and the third is of Joanne(Teacher's Gift), me in a wig loaned to me by Heaventree, Heaventree and Kathy a friend from the AASC in my hotel room. The wig looks quite blond in the picture but actually has a lot of red in it. I have never worn this colour or length before. What do you think girls? Should I order one for myself? :) Joann

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Joann

Joann Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Pictures (cont.)

This picture is of me in my "Too Sexy For my Hair" bandana given to me by Dotty. :D Sorry it's so big. I didn't know how to re-size it.

[​IMG]

3. Joann

Joann Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Pictures (cont.)

The last picture is of my friendsf rom the support groups for Alopecia Areata that I belong to the majority being from the MSN AASC. Hope you enjoyed looking at the pictures. Hugs to all. Joann

[​IMG]

4. Great pictures Joann!!!! Looks like everyone had a great time. I'm so looking forward to making the conference next year. God willing I'll be there.

As for the loaner wig.......I say go for it!!! I think it looks great on you.

Glad to see Dotty and the others having such a great time as well.

How was HeavenTree? Did she enjoy her first conference?

Thanks for the great post on all the Q&A topics.

Smiles!!!!

5. at_a_loss

at_a_loss Guest

What great pics!!! 8)

I think the wig looks GREAT! Nice color for you! ;) Of course, my preference would be the bandana...

Hey Dotty! Where can I get one of them???? 8)

6. Joann

Joann Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Girls :D

Thanks!!! We all had a terrific time. :D

Kim, Heaventree & TeacherGift were due to fly on a flight that was cancelled due to the bad weather in Toronto at the time. They would have arrived on Thursday around 7:00pm I believe. Instead they arrived Saurday morning. I was so glad that they still came in spite of this.

I think Heaventree would have liked to see more vendors at the conference. The vendors there were all selling wigs and many of us would have liked to see other products as well such as bandanas, wig care products, makeup for brows and lashes etc. I am going to make this suggestion to NAAF for next year.

I think attending your first conference can be emotional at times as many memories are brought back when you are talking at the sessions. But I think these memories and feelings need to come out so they can be shared with others who undertsand and healing can take place.

Can't wait to meet you & Melanie Kim. Hugs Joann

7. I'm so excited about the fact it will be so close for us in 2007. I hope Heavetree comes next year too!!! I can tell just by your posts that you had a great time. The bond that you have between everyone there who can totally understand what you are feeling must be insurmountable.

I know we share a bond here online but if I have to compare that to being able to meet someone in person I really can't. Meeting Dee, Dotty and Joyce was unbelievable. It was such a wonderful experience to be able to see that person and give them the hug that you've wanted to give them for months and months. It is so rewarding!!!!!

8. Deborah

Deborah Guest

Joann, That wig looked great, go for it.....

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Great pictures, great memories, thanks for posting so we could see :p