Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

pictures after my transplant

Discussion in 'Hair Transplants for Women' started by seeker248, May 9, 2009.

1. seeker248

seeker248 Guest

Dear all

referring to my previous post abt transplant viewtopic.php?f=24&t=11644&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=10

I'd like to share you this pictures after it was done. Please dont freak, it doesnt look bad as it is. I am now keeping my finger crossed for not having shock loss afterwards.

Promise I will keep my pictures posted here, in case it's useful to you somehow.

Attached Files:

2. michelesmith

michelesmith Guest

thanks for sharing them, good luck!

3. edelweiss

edelweiss Guest

Thanks, Seeker. May I ask where you had this done and what made you a good candidate for transplant? Your head looks like it's healing nicely.

4. brokendreams

brokendreams Guest

Looks very good! Will this be a one time thing or will you have to continue to get more in time.

Enjoy your hair :)

5. snowflake

snowflake Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    This is what I am dreaming will become a routine thing, with our own follicles cloned and about once a year (like a spa experience, with a touch more pain) we will have top ups of our own hair.... Good luck with your new hair, looks like it'll be great!

6. kimm

kimm Guest

thanks for posting seeker! These posts will be really helpful to those of us on here researching this option.

I hope you heal quickly and see results soon!

Keeping my fingers crossed that you look like this soon! :hairy:

7. alicat

alicat Guest

I don't know anything about hair transplant, but my question is: is there going to be hair filling in eventually? Is it teeny tiny right now and has to grow? *confused*

8. miche777

miche777 Guest

Thanks so much for posting these pictures! I hope you continue to heal well and gets tons of new hair! Please continue to keep us posted throughout your journey.

9. seeker248

seeker248 Guest

Dear all,

I Have done my operation here in Thailand with the BEST doctor in the country. I believe he is a quite well-known doctor in this area too, judging from all the awards he received and 80% of his clients flew from abroad.

I dont know if I could post his name here, would it be somehow an advertising? so, if you wanna know the name - send me PM then.

To answer you about the process, the new hair will be there for about 4 weeks and start to fall, but all the roots will still be there. After that, the new hair will grow from these new roots that the doctor moved from my doner area. There's no pain at all on my top head, only around that doner area, but it's getting better and better everyday.

And I plan to do this only one time, I just want be in public without using hair clip or headband anymore. And at least I wanna enjoy the swimming pool and suana in my apartment too!

The most difficult part of hair transplant is waiting process, the result will be visible in 8 months (only 4-5 months for men). Meanwhile, you guys will definitely see whats going on frommy side.

I am not saying that the transplant is the best option but as mentioned earlier, I have tried every possible way my dear.

all the best to you :)

10. mandy50

mandy50 Guest

Hi, can I ask what the surgeon said made you a good candidate? I heard that the main reason why women are not good candidates is because of the diffused hair loss, and with every donar hair you implant you end up knocking out (shock loss) neighbouring hairs where it has been implanted. (Hope that makes sense!). Which is why men are such good candidates as they tend to have complete bald patches/areas. I heard that was why 'stem cell research' won't be the answer to the problem as it's not necessarily about having a lack of donar hair.

11. Janie-Ann

Janie-Ann Guest

Seeker,
    Thanks for posting the pics.They're so interesting... Good luck to you!!!! I can't wait for when you post the pics of all your new little hairs growing in. How exciting!

Snowflake,
    Yes, Yes, Yes! And they'll just have to take a small bit from the "donor" area, and then just keep cloning and cloning away -- and we can have little injections to touch up any area we want. I really believe it's only a few years away. And it's what keeps me from completely losing my mind. (I should start saving up my $$$ now...)

Have you all seen this? It made me VERY hopeful, especially the cloning info. Instead of moving thousands and thousands of hairs from back to front or vise versa, "with the cloning approach, you could start with a small biopsy of cells and then grown enough of them to repopulate your entire scalp with hair." (from Page 3)
    http://bestlifeonline.com/cms/publish/h ... rinter.php

12. snowflake

Dislikes Received:
    Janie Ann, I LOVE it!! I'll pay anything for this, anything!!!!! I hope they figure this out quickly. I sort of only skimmed this I am too tired. Tomorrow I'll do it properly. Thanks.
    B

13. kimm

kimm Guest

I hear ya Janie-ann!

I've been following this one for a while and while I think I can get to where I'd be able to accept wearing hair to some degree, there's nothing like having your own!

I just pray it comes out soon and is reasonably affordable!

This is one reason why I've been holding off on seriously bugging my dh about getting a tummy tuck and boob job! I don't want to get too greedy by asking to get this on top of the other stuff!

If it doesn't come out in a reasonable time though, I'm totally going for the other stuff. If I can't have kicken hair then I'm damn sure going to have a kicken set of ta tas!!!!!
    :mrgreen:

14. Blue Bird

Blue Bird Guest

Kimm!

:agree: :agree:

I want boobs SO BAD...I am a small A...

15. Janie-Ann

Janie-Ann Guest

LOL :jump:

16. mandy50

mandy50 Guest

Hi Janie-ann and Snowflake,

I was like you and was trying to reassure myself that in a few years time they might come out with stem cell research. Anyway....I went to see a top hair transplant surgeon who was recommended by at least 2 derms in the, and is highly thought of.

She said to me that stem cell research would not be my answer, she said I was not a candidate for a hair transplant, when I asked her about future stem cell procedures, she said this would not be my 'holy grail' so to speak.

She the problem with hair transplants with women who have diffused hairloss is that when they inject hairs from the donar area onto the recipitant area existing neighbouring hairs are damaged when they are implanted in. This does not happen in men as they tend to have complete bald areas so they will not have any of this loss, this is not the case with diffused hair that has small spaces inbetween.

She said stem cell research will not stop this happening as my problem was not regarding a lack of donar site but that I will not be happy with the end result as doing the procedure will damage existing hair follicules around where the hair is implanted, which is why stem cell reseach will be so great for men as they have complete bald areas not diffused hairloss.

Hope that makes sense?
    What are other ladies opinions?

17. snowflake

Dislikes Received:
    Oh my God, I am so sad right now. Maybe they'll come up with ways to deal with preventing damage to the neighbors.

18. snowflake

Dislikes Received:
    So, Seeker are you finding you are losing a lot of the surrounding hairs? But, won't they grow back? They maybe are just shocked and then will come back just like the implants

19. angel706

angel706 Guest

Regarding shock loss, it depends whether shocked hairs will come back or not. If they were healthy mature hairs (that is, not already beginning to miniaturize due to Androgenetic Alopecia), then they SHOULD come back assuming that no damage was done to the follicle (i.e., it got transected by an implanted hair.

However, if your transplants are surrounded by hairs that are also affected by Androgenetic Alopecia in that they have begun to miniaturize, if those hairs get shocked out they might not come back. It's a big risk for women with diffuse shedding to take. I worry that seeker may end up with no net gain because of that possibility, but that's a risk she decided to take.

I was deemed an excellent candidate for transplantation because my loss was in a male pattern, my temples had receded and the only hair I had left there was some peach fuzz that never grew longer than an inch before falling out again...it was nothing I could style.

Seeker is right in that the waiting is the hardest part of a transplant. I started seeing some sprouts about 4-5 months out, but it was a good year before I felt like everything was growing, and it was close to two years before I could really judge what I got.

Regarding shock loss, I had some of that in the areas very close to the transplants...it hit within the first month after the procedure. It took several months for it to come back. I'd say by 10 months after the procedure I felt like I'd regained pretty much all the shocked-out hairs.

Best of luck to you, seeker!

20. Janie-Ann

Janie-Ann Guest

Hi, Mandy! Yikes! That's so interesting... and sort of discouraging :(

Maybe some of the techniques that are still in the testing stage won't involve transplanting or injecting "hair," and the problems your hair transplant person spoke about would be avoided. On the Intercytex site they say: "In the ICX-TRC procedure we are not transplanting hair follicles, instead we are implanting cells into the skin which induce new hair growth." The Aderans/Bosley study is doing Phase II cloning research right now in the US, specifically on women with diffuse hair loss.

I'm not smart enough to really understand any of the three different approaches talked about in the original article I linked to -- but I really do remain hopeful. I'll hang onto what the author said: "a viable hair-cloning procedure, which many of the experts I talked to claim is less than five years away." And the hair transplant surgeon he quotes said: "It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when."

Since I'm not an expert, for me I guess it just comes down to hope and faith -- and I remain hopeful. (which may simply be a coping mechanism for me, since I'm basically a pessimist and skeptical about everything else, lol, and b/c my front and crown loss is basically bald, so I have no neighboring hairs to disturb...)

Would you let us know if the hair transplant expert you spoke with can direct you/us to any studies about cloning and diffuse loss in women?

Seeker, I've totally hijacked your post -- I'm sorry. Please do keep us posted about your transplant experience. :innocent: