Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

pictures after my transplant

Discussion in 'Hair Transplants for Women' started by seeker248, May 9, 2009.

1. Lily

Lily Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Good for you! I agree about the cloning comment made by another poster - that's about my only hope at this point. I did look into a transplant but wasn't the "best or the worst" candidate. I think I would have had to have several sessions since my loss was progressing so quickly and covering more of my head. Hope it works out for you.

2. joannemarie

joannemarie Guest

I'm new to this forum & was referred to your post since I'm also thinking of transplants. I can't even tell where the transplants are in your pix. How soon after is this? How soon did you look ok again so people couldn't see something weird on your head? Did it hurt a lot? Do you sweat in that area. I've started & am afraid it might affect healing. Are you glad you did it?

3. Deirdre

Deirdre Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Seeker- thanks for the update and photos. There is so little out there on whether hair transplants really work for women. Keep us posted and I hope all goes well for you.

4. ihatethis

ihatethis Guest

About the cloning...I think it will happen effectively. I don't know that it will be within the next decade but it will happen and they'll find a way where it doesn't affect neighboring hairs. This is just my humble opinion. :)

5. dying curls

dying curls Guest

6. dying curls

dying curls Guest

Actually most of us women (some unfortunately not) also have alopecia resistant hair at the back of our head
    so we wont have to go for a "cloning spa" every year, maybe once, twice or thrice in our lifetime. Plus if the loss is due to an hormonal imbalance, once your hair will be cloned if you stick with you hormonal treatment and keep your hormones in balance,then there is not reason you should go every year for a cloning spa either.

7. Best of luck to you for great success with your transplant, Seeker!

8. samar2000

samar2000 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I don't want to sound negative but I don't know, I would like to think seeker's hair is great now, but in all honestly I'm doubting it, a transplant in Thailand ? I'm not sure I would go to Thailand. Plus hair transplants in women are not very successfull, because they don't have that many if any donor hair that are insensitive to DHT.
    Strange! if you look at seekers posts , she only posted 3 times, one about hairspray, the others about the hairtransplant, smells fishy to me. I wouldn't fall for this.

btw the pictures of the back where they took the hair are clear, but the top looks very unclear, dark. I can't see anything. Weird.

another strange thing,she didn't even introduce herself. And first she asks if a certain spray for coverage is dangerous, then 20 minutes later she posts she's getting a hairtransplant done, if you get a hairtransplant done , would you still worry about a spray for coverage.
    I could be wrong, but I'm almost sure it's a scam now, and I'll apologize if I'm wrong. I hope nobody fell for it and pmd her to ask info about her doctor in Thailand.