Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Pictures of Hair Loss Area

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by naddyj, Sep 10, 2013.

1. naddyj

naddyj Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Ladies

Thought I would just post pics of my hair. I am starting my third year of hair loss, initially diagnosed with TE then CTE and now Androgenetic Alopecia.

I have posted numerous photos and as you will see that in certain pictures the hair looks fine and then others it looks different and you can notice the hair loss (picture 3), it can be frustrating because some days I see photos and it looks normal (pic 3) and I get hopeful that it is getting better then bang!!! another photo around the same time shows that it isn't :(.

I am generally thin all over but the worst hit area is my frontal as my scalp is see through. Any other ladies hair loss pattern like this?

All pictures except picture 4 are with me wearing concealer.

I have switched from 2% minoxidil to 5% 3 weeks ago to see if it will improve regrowth. I have been shedding very highly for a couple of months now so my hair is a lot worse in places now than the pictures show.

2. somegirl

somegirl Guest

Mine is thinning basically front to back.
    Your hair actually looks really good in the pictures, even without the concealer it doesn't look like something anyone would notice.
    I know that sounds hard to believe :)

3. DonnaL

DonnaL Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    It's been 2-3 years for me as well and my front bang area was also hit the worst... I posted photos recently. I can see your concern but your hair still looks great. I'm sure that isn't much consolation (and I say that because I personally went to "getting by" to "i need a wig" in less than 2 years time) but at least you've started a treatment plan. I can't use minoxidil on account of wanting to start a family :/ I hope the formula switch improves things for you. Hang in there :)

4. Lily

Lily Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I know it looks bad to you but I probably have half that amt. of hair.

5. pinkdaisy7

pinkdaisy7 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Same here.

6. CKingAnswers

CKingAnswers Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    You have really pretty hair. It doesn't look bad at all. Keep up with your regimen, seems to be working for you :)

7. naddyj

naddyj Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for all your replies ladies. I have had a mahooosive shed and it is still very high. So it is not lookin good at the moment ( will try and capture picture) it looks like a round hole.Could the switch from 2 % to 5% be causing the high shed? Has anyone regrown hair and regrained density in the frontal area?

8. HairyIssues

HairyIssues Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I can't even tell you have hair loss.

By the way, the 5% does not make you regrow more hairs, it just make it grow faster. At the 1.5 years mark, both the 2% and the 5% grew the same amount of hairs.

9. bubbles3009

bubbles3009 Guest

You have concealed it really well as I can't tell ;) I haven't tried minoxidil, just on sprio, dianne and nizrol at the moment (it's only been 2 weeks so no difference yet). How are you going with the rogaine?