Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Pictures Of Loss, Quit Levonorgestrel In April

Discussion in 'The Undiagnosed' started by anxiety43, Dec 6, 2018.

1. anxiety43

anxiety43 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    https://ibb.co/Bgf96rd
    https://ibb.co/C8x6L6B
    https://ibb.co/YX5VHN1
    https://ibb.co/Jj9kTY6

I was already shedding when I was on birth control but it’s increased significantly since and im coming to terms that this may be my genetic future. my mother had CTE from a lifetime of triggers and her hair loss was completely diffuse, no loss in front like mine. i’ve had no bloodwork done yet since i’m switching GP’s and hopefully I can get a referral for a endo or derm afterwords. I want to try Toppik but not sure how to go about it and if i feel ready for anything beyond headbands at the moment. Emotionally, I’m ok and just focused on my tiny tiny regrowth rather than crying over my fallout.

2. Medstudent2018

Dislikes Received:
    Thats quite severe hairloss, but the upside with bcp hairloss is that once off it, theres a good chance it all grows back! It may take years but keep up the hope! Yes for this one you need some endocrinologist/dermatologist's advise. What about weave? Braid fake hair into your real hair, can be quite expensive but everything for that little bit of self-esteem and better emotional health!

Gina likes this.
  3. anxiety43

anxiety43 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you so much for the positivity! Reading everyone’s personal opinions and experiences similar to mine has been so insightful and I’m so glad that I’ve found this supportive forum.

Sadly, I feel like since it’s mainly located in the front that the likelihood of it growing back seems far fetched. Interestingly enough, I noticed recently my older sister who just gave birth four months ago has been losing hair in the same spot, her hair is much finer than mine but we also only share one parent. Not sure if that’s another strike against my odds but it does make me feel like less of a genetic lottery loser in my family.

A weave isnt something I can financially do right now, but maybe when this progresses in the next six-eight months, I’ll force myself to splurge.

#3 anxiety43, Dec 8, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  4. Medstudent2018

Dislikes Received:
    Your sister has post partum hairloss likely caused by a shift of hormones. just like getting off bcp can cause massive hairloss and thinning, post partum hairloss almost always grows back except if there is still a hormonal imbalance or low iron after blood loss.

5. Medstudent2018

Dislikes Received:
    And please keep us updated! Almost always once a user reports the beginning stages of recovery, they just vanish from the site after that initial post, not knowing if there was a full recovery....i will also make it my duty to keep everyone informed and updated, even if it will take years:D

6. anxiety43

anxiety43 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    oh i definitely understand that, just to see it in an androgenic pattern is surprising. she is a huge red meat eater, so much more likely to recover from TE if that’s her case. I’ve been shedding shorter hairs today and feeling pessimistic.

7. anxiety43

anxiety43 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    it’s been eight months so far, so i’m here for at least that long, not going anywhere lol. it’s such an emotional relief to feel validated about it tbh.

8. Gina

Gina Member

Dislikes Received: