Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Pictures Of my Alopecia Areata

Discussion in 'Women's Alopecia Areata' started by haygirl326, Feb 17, 2011.

1. FLgirl

FLgirl Guest

How nice that people complement you. Love the sideswept bangs! I LOVE being blond too. I have slowly gone darker so I can avoid so many painful & expensive trips to the hairdresser. He still charges me the same amount even though I have half the hair. It looks as if there are some lighter blondish strands in your pic (maybe underneath), is that your hair?
    I think it would look great highlighted too, even though it is beautiful right now.

2. pinkdaisy7

pinkdaisy7 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Haygirl, You are so pretty, in the before pictures AND the after pictures!! I would love to look as natural as you do in your topper, when the time comes for my supplemental hair!!!! :)

3. haygirl326

haygirl326 Guest

Thank you girls you have made my day! :D
    The lighter blond pieces are my bio hair popping out underneath. Cant wait toget the topper highlighted....also I am going back for another one I think. They can get addicting! :D

4. Janie-Ann

Janie-Ann Guest

I have Androgenetic Alopecia (not Alopecia Areata) and my loss is pretty identical to yours except my hairline in the front is harder hit and I don't have those hairless patches behind my ears like in your pics.
    As far as it perhaps being Androgenetic Alopecia + Alopecia Areata?? If you say it's been coming and going, I'd tend to doubt it's Androgenetic Alopecia (because of the regrowth periods)
    Thanks for sharing the pics -- I always think they help a lot and I know it's not always easy to share something so personal. Maybe people don't always comment or join the discussion but I'll bet you've given a lot of hope and inspiration to women who see you with that big smile on your (pretty) face.
    Love the side swept bangs on you!

5. GoddessJoyce

GoddessJoyce Guest

Wow. You look beautiful. I agree that you can use highlights. You look great as a blonde. I am sure Dov will give you amazing highlights. He highlighted my toppers and what a difference it made.
    All the best
    Joyce

6. AAat39?

AAat39? Guest

I just wanted to say beautiful topper! I went through a very similar situation as you with originally having lots of long blonde hair, same color, and then BAM alopecia areata caused spots, then a massive diffuse shed and pretty much every pattern after that. Also no biopsy, but the bald patches, and temples and nape of neck gave it away. Also, same color changes as you did and I was much happier after I got the highlights again, seemed to lessen the obvious when I didn't wear my topper and had some regrowth. Please post pics after your highlights... BTW, I am not sure what a flora or illusion, I just got mine from my wig shop. It is synthetic. Is yours real human hair? Best wishes, I hope you have some good regrowth soon!

7. haygirl326

haygirl326 Guest

Hi AA39,
    sounds like we are separated at birth haha :)
    The topper is human hair. I am keeping my fingers crossed for regrowth too! And I will keep them crossed for you too! :)

8. WittsEnd

WittsEnd Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Haygirl, how long have you been on the Olux Foam? What else are
    you taking?

9. haygirl326

haygirl326 Guest

Witts, I have been taking the Olux since December. you do it 2x a day for 2 weeks, then 2 weeks off. I think I may see some regrowth on the top of my head, but not the sides near my ears.

10. sparrow

sparrow Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Love your topper. Did Flora offer to highlight it for you?

11. WittsEnd

Dislikes Received:
    Ok, I take the Olux Foam every nite, since October. I see a big
    improvement in my hair, starting to thicken and no shedding.

I see my derm. next week and am anxious to see what she has to
    say & if she changes anything.

12. haygirl326

haygirl326 Guest

witts, do you also have Alopecia Areata? Thats exciting that the olux is working for you!!

13. WittsEnd

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, I have Alopecia Areata. First she gave me the shots, last spring. My hair
    started coming in, then in Sept it started shedding like crazy. It
    looked terrible. So she stopped the shots & started this. Seems
    to be working. I just hope he holds. I don't know how long you can
    stay on the foam, indefinately? Well see next week.

14. haygirl326

haygirl326 Guest

witts, I was told to use the foam morning and night for 2 weeks, then stop for 2 weeks. Funny thing is I also have really bad eczema and was on the exact same med for that but it was called "clobex" bust my pharacist told me it was the same thing. I would double check the directions because when I used it for the eczema I was also told to not use it for more than 2 weeks.
    Lets keep our fingers crossed for us!!! :)

15. haygirl326

haygirl326 Guest

I think the Olux is working because I can feel stubble all over my head! I hope its regrowth!! :D Not that I wont dread having it fall out again uugghhhh!!!!!!

16. Joann

Joann Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Great news about the stubble Tracy!!! :woot: It may not necesarily fall out again . Keeping everything crossed for you that it doesn't.

Keep us updated.

Hugs,
    Joann

17. haygirl326

haygirl326 Guest

Thanks Joann Big HUGS back attcha!!! :D

18. haygirl326

haygirl326 Guest

I just booked an appt with Dov to get my topper highlighted yay! will post pictures as soon as I am done....going thursday am! :D

19. dragonfly

dragonfly Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I am really anxious to see your new pics!