Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Pictures

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by sheeny, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Distraughtshedder

Distraughtshedder Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Definite improvement! So glad its working for you!!!

2. Wolf924

Wolf924 Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    SHEENY!!!!! THAT IS AWESOME!

3. labellavita1985

labellavita1985 Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Looking great! For most people, regrowth peaks at 16 weeks, so I can't wait to see how your hair looks in another couple of weeks! Remember how scared you were? You're doing it!

4. sheeny

sheeny Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for all of the support, everyone!! It is such a "one day at a time" process. I recently got labs back showing that my insulin sensitivity is getting worse & diabetes is a very real possibility in the future. I'm stuck at a crossroad right now- not sure if I should go on metformin (tried it for a week & didn't like it) or maybe use inositol? I tried inositol before but not consistently & my numbers went up during the time period that I used it, so I gave up. I don't want to be on multiple meds, but theoretically, regulating my insulin & pancreas might be the key to helping my hair.
    What would I do without this group??!
    Xoxo

5. sheeny

Dislikes Received:
    - - - Updated - - -

I am at the 4 month mark. Still shedding, but I don't think it is from the rogaine. my part is better but in general, my crown might be worse, I thnk. When i wear my hair in a low ponytail, I've started to use toppik. I see hairs growing, they are just not making any diffrence yet. Also, I shed lots of long hairs post shower & when styling. my total shed at the end of the day is around 50 including wash, and the majority comes from my crown. Still not feeling great about this, but it is not rogaine's fault. I switched to a progesterone cream a week ago because I wasn't absorbing the pill form & I am very estrogen dominant, but I don't have huge expectations that it will help any. 16 weeks center part.jpg center 16weeks.jpg
    Btw- those red dots are from a treatment I had during acupuncture. Amazingly, thick hairs are growing in the spots but I'm pretty sure the red will be there for a while :/

6. rva207

rva207 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Looks good! My crown/vertex definitely got worse post-dread shed. I needed to use more concealer and it took more time to get ready for a while, but once I turned the corner it got better. Those longer hairs you're losing are likely just the ones ready to respond to Rogaine. How long have you done acupuncture for hair loss? I've considered it...

7. sarvnaz123

sarvnaz123 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Sheeny,
    You have the same exact hairloss pattern than me. My part looks just like yours except that my hair is baby fine and you look like you have coarser hair. Do you wash your hair every day? 50 hair a day is really normal! I be happy if I lose 50 hair on the days I was my hair, but I wash my hair every other day, and always shed more.

8. sheeny

Dislikes Received:
    Hey sarvnaz! I would agree, my part looks like yours before you improved. That gives me hope! I usually wash every day if I work out, if not then every other day. Yesterday after washing I noticed a lot of hairs coming out from the front of my head which is kind of depressing. Hoping that was a random occurrence. I'm tired of dealing with the ups & downs that come with this. I am a very positive person, but I am struggling with the realization that I may not be in a better place in a few months. Not the best attitude to have, so I'm working on it ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Rva I've done it for hairloss &balancing my hormones for about 3-4 weeks. It's too soon to tell if anything is happening. I've done it in the past for stress & my thyroid- it helped a lot!

9. sarvnaz123

Dislikes Received:
    Sheeny,
    I totally agree. The up and down shed is really frustrating. I am going through a higher shed period now too and am really not happy about it, but having been on rogaine for 15 months, I went through another high shed month last November and were able to keep my improvements as well as get another round of growth. The shed went back to normal mid December and even lower in February and March. So that makes me hopeful that this shed will pass and I will grow another round of hair on the other side. This is the best my hair has looked in a looooong time and I hate to lose it.

10. Eliza1990

Eliza1990 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Wow sheeny....you look amazing. What an improvement. Congrats!!!!!!!

11. sheeny

Dislikes Received:
    SHEENY UPDATE

Hey all!
    It has been a bit under 5.5 months since I began rogaine. Shedding down but still losing long hairs that I don't think are "normal" to lose when I brush, etc. I probably shed about 25-50 per day depending how much I play with it, style, wash, etc. I've recently switched to progesterone cream 1.5 months ago (vs pill form) and I think that has made a difference as far as absorption goes. Ive been doing acupuncture 1x per week since mid may & I also began taking a few herbal supplements to increase blood flow and circulation prepared by my acupuncturist. I don't have huge hopes that it'll do anything but figured it was worth a shot. I do think that the acupuncture has helped significantly in stabilizing my hormones- since I've started it my periods have been "normal" again and on time. Or maybe it's the progesterone? who knows but I love doing the acupuncture anyway ;)
    So here is my most recent photo- my hair hasn't been washed in 3 days so i have gross product & 3 days of rogaine foam that has built up. I also just worked out so it's wet & greasy. Overall, I'm not blown away by any means, but it does look better than it did 4 months ago. Barely, but still...I have been able to pull myself out of this hair depression & panic, at least for now.
    Hope all on here are doing well!

Attached Files:

12. sarvnaz123

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Sheeny,
    I can definitely see improvements in your hair. I am glad you have been able to pull yourself out of the hair loss depression and your shed is down. I am currently going through a shedding cycle and am slowly creeping back in to depression. I am trying very hard to keep my self motivated and positive, but the longer it goes on like this, the harder it gets to stay positive.

Prayer be with you.

13. mellie

mellie Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Sheeny, would you say that it looks better than before you started Rogaine? Are you noticing changes in your density too? A lot of people say that the diameter of their hair increased. I'm about to make the jump, but keep getting conflicting advice from friends and family...

14. sheeny

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the comments, girls!
    Mellie- it does look better overall, yes. However, nothing drastic or life changing. I Didn't expect much, so I am thrilled to see the little hairs that stick up every day. I'm not sure about the diameter of the hair- it grows in very thin but supposedly it should thicken. Time will tell.
    The initial shed was not at all as scary as I thought it would be. I was already shedding- still am from whatever my trigger is- so it was only a couple of weeks of a high shed & a few weeks of a slightly higher shed.

15. sheeny

Dislikes Received:
    I have no idea, but treating it as such

16. nitu1

nitu1 Member

Dislikes Received:
    I have been reading your thread. I have two bottles of 5% women's rogain and really nervous to start. Any advice?

17. sarvnaz123

Dislikes Received:
    Are you using the solution or the foam? In my opinion the foam is less irritating. I tried the solution 2 years ago, but has to stop after one week. My scalop burned and itches and got red and irritated. Then I switched to the foam and had no problem. That might not happen to everyone, but I suggest trying a small drop of the 5% solution on your hand or arm somewhere to make sure you dont get an allergic reaction to it before putting it on your scalp.

18. hoping4best

hoping4best Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I'm using both. It's early days for me, but I find that the liquid doesn't irritate me if I don't use it too often. I find the liquid much faster and easier to apply--more gets to my scalp, whereas the foam gets stuck in my hair. And the liquid is cheaper. But multiple liquid applications in a row cause me irritation, and the biggest problem so far is that the liquid makes my hair look greasy.

Right now, I'm using the foam most days, but on days when I know I'll be washing my hair before leaving the house, I use the liquid (I apply minoxidil in the mornings, often shower in the evenings, so I'm washing many hours after my application, which my hair loss doctor said is fine).

I've also been experimenting with melting the foam and applying it with a dropper. That works ok, but it doesn't really save time b/c I have to warm up the foam/goo (if you melt it and leave it, it turns into goo which you then have to re-melt).

I am definitely wondering if any of these places that sell minoxidil liquid without propylene glycol are at all reputable (hair loss doctor says that the PPG is what bother most peoples' scalps; the foam does not have PPG). I plan to ask my hair loss doctor this question when I have a chance.

19. sheeny

Dislikes Received:
    Nitu1-
    My best advice is to just jump in & try it. I use the foam 1x per day. I used it every other day for a week in the very beginning then jumped to daily use. The dread shed was noticeable but not devastating. I agonized over starting it for months, I should've done it a long time ago. Please message me if you have any questions or need support!

20. nitu1

nitu1 Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks so much, i will send you a pm