Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Places in London for hair systems? For a newbie :-)

Discussion in 'Wigs, Extensions, Toppers & Hair Systems' started by Brown092000, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Brown092000

Brown092000 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi

Im very new to the idea of hair systems but really now i think im ready to totally commit seen as my hair wont ever grow to what i want so i have accepted the fact a longer term solution is the only way for me to go :-(

Im at a crossroads on who to go to for this procedure and what it exactly involves, has anyone tried Hillside? If so how was it? Also i have come across another one called The Hair Confidante which is supposed to be more of a personal experience but i am yet to find any proper reviews on this place, i dont mind somewhere that has some bad reviews but a good medium of positive and negative would be more realisic. Anyway sorry for blabbering any help would be great, thanks :)

2. hairtothere

hairtothere Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not in the UK but I know of a place that offers a few different brands and solutions Aspire Hair in Sheffield. I have read good things about them.

Good luck to you.

3. Trichster

Trichster Member

Dislikes Received:
    yes I have a hair system from The Hair Confidante and it's great, A few little hiccups in the beginning but the lady who runs it Emy is more than helpful and to be honest it's been the best aftercare iv had and the best investment iv made regarding my hair.

Hillside have quite good reviews also but iv never been there myself, there is a thread on here I think with a few of the ladies and their experiences, have u also looked up hair Solved? There are so many places but they dot have huge marketing plans so seem to go unnoticed. Good luck!!

4. Carla123

Carla123 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    hey ,

Not sure how many people are in London as I'm always looking for advice. I have only come across hair confidante recently myself so will let you know my experience as I'm planning to go see her. Hillside I think I heard has closed down but not sure.

The things to think about are hair quality and costs, both for the initial system and maintenance.

A few places are known to have really good hair quality but usually its about having a stylist who cares as its a long term relationship so in the beginning its hit and miss so you have to feel like you've got someone who will adapt and help you find the best solution for you. There is a woman called Rosa who sources her own hair and its some of the best but she's a bit expensive but is helpful and produces good quality systems as she's a trained wigmaker. Bloomsbury are nice and not expensive but the hair is hit and miss. Lucinda Ellery is seriously overpriced and lots of people on here have had bad experiences. I've done some research on London places and am trying to draw up a big list, I am also at the point of trying to figure out how to source hair etc myself but still haven't got there. For a newbie of course thats not the best plan. If you need any advice on specific places feel free to message me, but I'm sure others also have suggestions.

Good luck!
    Carla

5. Trichster

Trichster Member

Dislikes Received:
    Oh wow Hillside is closing down? They did have quite good reviews so I wonder why that is, I agree Carla it's definitely about the quality of hair, at one point I looked into buying pure russian hair as I have a friend who kept her hair for 3 years (it was a dark colour not processed blonde) but for pure russian it worked out at about £500 for 1 Row of hair (eeeek) so when u have a system with about 6 rows it's quite pricey.
    what colour hair do you have if you don't mind me asking? From my research the darker Virgin colours always seem to last longer, I used to go to a place that closed down and they used Indian hair (same as Lucinda ellerys from what I gather) and it lasted 6 months max, my system now I believe the hair is Slavic and has lasted me quite a while, I do use very good products on it though so I wouldn't expect any less. Let us know how you get on at The Hair Confidante!!

6. Carla123

Carla123 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I have dark hair but it tends to lift alot so not sure what that means about the quality. Update on hair salons I'm currently mid my search for the london places. Each has their pros and cons but hoping by the end of the month to have a big list of them which I'll share. It really is research at this point as most are lovely and friendly and helpful its just they each have different styles of systems and until you have the hair for a while you can't judge the quality. Will happily share info if you want to PM me and will share my own adventures once I get new system.

I'm probably going to get two systems and then go somewhere for maintenance. My aim is to get to a point where I can order my own systems from suppliers etc and then find somewhere just to style and put it on. Had such a horrible week that I was contemplating shaving it all off and going for bonding!

Have a lovely week everyone!

7. Brown092000

Brown092000 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Ladies, just thought I would pop back with an update, thank you so much for your recommendations.My first stop was hair solved for a consultation, the price seemed ok but I just didn't feel like the approach was as personal as I'd hoped. I then tried The Lucinda Ellery place and wow it's amazing inside but there's no way I could justify spending thousands on my hair, I'd need a remortgage every two years haha. Last stop was The Hair Confidante, it's not a big posh place but nice and private for me and I DID IT!!!!! I now have hair!!!!! I was really surprised how quickly I have adapted to my new hair system, it felt strange at first and I was pre warned it may take a few washes for it to feel normal but honestly the next day I was ready to go... And have had nothing but compliments. The lady is very nice and my whole experience was everything I'd expected, I just can't wait for summer to come now :)

8. sunlit

sunlit Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Brown, I'm in the UK not too far from London so I'm interested. Could you tell us a bit more about the hair system you got and The Hair Confidante?

9. Brown092000

Brown092000 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Sunlit, I got the hair integration system, she had to thread or weave my hair through a mesh that was on my hair, then hair was added to the mesh, and best bit is the top scalp effect crown/parting area it really looks like it's growing from my head, it took quite a few hours to make so be prepared for very long day :) the hair is really soft aswell, and the lady cut it to match my current style... I'm just in love with it and kicking myself for not doing it Sooner!!!

10. Carla123

Carla123 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Brown, Congratulations! Thats great to hear. I really liked the lady at hair confidante, though I'm still researching. Keep us updated on how you get on with your hair! Don't kick yourself, just enjoy it :)

Carla

11. Trichster

Trichster Member

Dislikes Received:
    So how is everyone getting on with their hair systems? I had a realignment last week with Emy and I have 3 inches of new growth all over.. Something that hasn't happened in a few years haha, I had the system put back on but I'm hoping by the next realignment I will be able to go system free and maybe have a nice short bob or something!!

12. Kristina

Kristina New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi all

I am new to the forums and I am also currently looking for a hair system in London.
    Any advice I will gladly take :)

13. Trichster

Trichster Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Kristina, Welcome to the forums :) There are quite a few places in London that have hair systems and i think every woman has her own favorite, Iv been to a few but am currently with a nice lady called Emy from The Hair Confidante, I cant fault my system really, i know some of them charge so much money but i feel iv been given a fair deal and im well looked after by her. I do like the personal approach rather than massive salon, i hope you manage to find one that suits you but definitely give The Hair Confidante a look xx

14. Winnie1

Winnie1 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Advice

Hi,
    I found your comment before went to Confidante. It's been a while since your post. Just had system fitted and it looks like a wig. Not had first wash yet. Any advice? e.g. Can I wet it?
    Thanks.
    Winnie

15. Trichster

Trichster Member

Dislikes Received:
    hi

Hi, hows your system getting on? im not sure what type you have but wernt you explained to about washing it?

16. sunlit

sunlit Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Could I ask what the price was at Hair Confidante? What colour and length is the hair, and what type of hair is it do you think?

Also, what do you think of the parting and the hairline?

I saw they sell clip-on toppers as well, which is what I'm interested in. Anyone tried one of those from a London business?

17. Leonine

Leonine New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hair Confidante

Please could anyone give me advice on the interlace hair system . I am about to bite the bullet and make an appointment for a consultation. Thank you

18. Trichster

Trichster Member

Dislikes Received:
    So Iv finally been able to remove my system for good, Im now wearing a mono topper from The Hair Confidante, the system was great but to be honest im loving being able to just remove my piece every night now and giving it a good scrub, Brown are you still wearing yours? I know this thread is old.

19. losing_it

losing_it Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Oh man, I am so jealous you live in (or near) London!! I found a place there called A List Lace Hair, and their wigs look phenomenal!! Pretty sure they also do toppers and extensions. Google it or instagram: alistlacehair. If I go the wig route eventually I'd like to go there and buy a couple wigs from them :)

20. Trichster

Trichster Member

Dislikes Received:
    I went there for a consultation and the wigs arnt very good quality.. but I suppose that’s reflected in their price? I think going the wig route my old Trendco wig was such better quality than the A-List lace wigs and it was about the same price!! it’s also not a very personal place I felt a bit mingled in with everyone else.. I much prefer a more personal approach, the place I went to above (The Hair Confidante) also does toppers and extensions and she sees people on a one to one basis.