Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Please be honest with me...eye lines / rapidbrow

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by hairlosshelp, Nov 25, 2015.

1. hairlosshelp

hairlosshelp Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've been using rapidbrow to regrow my once very thick eyebrows and I'm on my 2nd tube now and it has been drying out my skin on my forehead. Today I noticed these lines below my eyes that are equal in size on both eyes and when looking at my past pictures, I can't see them... aside from lighting, I'm also wearing makeup in my past pics, while I'm not wearing makeup in these. I looked @ other pics and while some tend to have them, others call it wrinkles and others are just photoshopped so much that there are 0 lines there.

I'm in my 20s and I've always been prone to dark circles after lack of sleep + high stress but they disappear quickly...never used anything to treat it nor have I used under eye concealer, etc to cover it. Both my parents are in their 50s and still have to get a wrinkle. My mom is 58...doesn't use anti-aging creams or even any 4 step routine but still has no wrinkles. But honestly...if I had their youthful genes I wouldn't even be here with this hairloss issue.

So am I going bat**** and is this normal or should I start with anti-aging creams? This is really important because I'm planning to start minoxidil.

Rapid brow doesn't have minoxidil, however...these are its ingredients:

Water, Butylene Glycol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Rhizobian Gum, Sodium Hyaluronate, Keratin, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Glycerin, Myristoyl, Pentapeptide-17, Biotin, Panthenol, Pantethine, Hydrolyzed, Glycosaminoglycans, Allantoin, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Extract, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Maris Aqua/Sea Water, Octapeptide-2, Copper, Tripeptide-1, Polypeptide-23, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Fruit Extract, Malus Domestica Fruit Cell Culture, Xanthan Gum, Lecithin, Backhousia Citriodora Leaf Oil, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, PVP, PEG-12, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Hydroxide

2. labellavita1985

labellavita1985 Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    I wouldn't be worried, you may have just been tired/sleep deprived. I used Rapidlash and was pleased with the results. Didn't notice any lines/wrinkles when I was using it. Minoxidil, however, has been linked to decreased collagen production (and thus, accelerated skin aging) in at least one study. If you still choose to try it, I would recommend the 2%, especially if you are worried about skin changes. If I ever get the courage to try Minoxidil, I'll be using the 2%. I still think that minoxidil is one of the best available defenses against hair loss, and can work incredibly well. I don't think the possible skin changes on it are enough of a reason not to use it. I think they probably happen in a minority of users.

I honestly think you can never start too early to fight signs of aging. If you decide to start an anti aging regimen, I would recommend Retin-A. Everything else is not comparable, in my opinion. Yes, copper peptides and vitamin C treatments have shown some promise, but Retin-A is the only thing that has demonstrated an ability to increase skin cell turnover and collagen production over and over again. The only thing with Retin-A: some people have claimed to experience hair loss, and one study has linked topical use of Retin-A to increased presence of telogen hairs. If you are interested in my experience with Retin-A; I started using the .025% every other night, worked up to every night, and did this for a month and a half. Then I moved up to the .05% and used that for a couple months. Now I use the .1% and have been using that every other night for about two months. I didn't experience any peeling/redness, but a lot of people do. I've just never had sensitive skin. I can't tell if it's contributing to my hair loss. I don't want to stop using it because I am a lifelong acne sufferer, and Retin-A helps, and also I am 30 now and have been a smoker for 10 years :x, and am obviously concerned about my skin changing as I get older. I'm also very fair skinned, and fair skinned people are affected by skin aging much more than darker skinned people.

And I'm sure you've heard this a million times, but sun protection is extremely important in the fight against visible signs of aging. I've read that sun damage accounts for 95% of visible aging.

(PS - your eyes are beautiful. Do you happen to be South Asian?)

3. Lily

Lily Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Since I'm 68, I've accepted a few (a lot?) wrinkles :). But I'm interested to know if the rapidlash helped your brows and lashes - look lots beitter than mine.

4. a.gilmore

a.gilmore New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Wow there are some nice brows! Love to have these, too.

Do you think that these wrinkles are really permanent? I believe that anyone around the age of 25 has these and some already have these in their teen ages. I actually have worse... and I am in my mid 20s...

I would monitor the situation and then look if they are really there all day every day and then you could consider some anti ageing cream.

By the way, the cycles around eyes as a effect of minoxidil treatment would look WAY worse than this...

5. hairlosshelp

hairlosshelp Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks, Bella! I thought about using Retin-A, but had been reading a lot of confusing info about hair loss/hair growth associated with it, though accutane hadn't caused hair loss for me, so I doubt this will either but I've just because paranoid of just about everything when dealing with this shed. The accutane had really helped with my acne for about 1 year so anything topical is most likely to help without causing hair loss. I had used the glow by dr.brandt ruby crystal retinol hydracreme last year and it felt wonderful on my skin, though I didn't replace it because the price point is too high. I also do have VERY sensitive skin. Last year for acne I bought the 2.5% benzoyl peroxide cream from Paula's choice and that was just no bueno, it felt like my skin had become sunburned so I had to stop it very quickly.

Can you share what products you use in your regular skincare routine? Your skin looks really great! I've also been dealing with lifelong acne and it's led to such a buildup of products that either don't do anything, help with the acne but ruin my skin in other ways or worsen the acne.

Thank you! Yes, I am!

I haven't used rapidlash (not sure if the formula is different, possibly not). Though I do feel that the rapidbrow is helping. I've always naturally had very thick brows and lashes but for about 2-3 years the person I went to made them really thin and they haven't grown back even though 2 years has passed since I last waxed them. My sister who used to get hers thinned out to literally 1 line for like 5-6+ years managed to regrow her full natural brows. I would never get that 1 line look which was the trend back in the early-mid 2000s lol because I was still young enough that my mother could control it and she never let me follow that trend :p (a thank you to her for it now). My lashes had started falling off in the beginning of the year but they've grown back naturally. I mostly use it under the arch of my brows. I do feel like there has been a difference already. It's not super expensive - about 38-45 CAD a tube, whereas the Anastasia Brow Enhancing Serum from Sephora was over $50 and did nothing.

Thanks!

I've never paid much attention before I guess to really notice it, but the dark circles make them more pronounced than they normally are, I suppose. I looked through instagram at friends close to my ages and they have it as well...noticed that it's there in most pics but disappears in some (probably because of filters/lighting). So it's more common than I think and something you probably won't even notice until you're actively looking for it.