Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Please Help Extension Questions ........

Discussion in 'Wigs, Extensions, Toppers & Hair Systems' started by Sunshine85, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Sunshine85

Sunshine85 Member

Dislikes Received:
    I want to get extensions. I am having a hard time finding people who Do curly hair. I found someone who does them who I think will make them look good, but I am worried about how much damage it will be to my hair. I think she wants to go fushion? She mentioned something about glue... it freaked me out. She wanted a down payment to order the hAir but I told her I have to think about it. I feel bad wasting peoples time, but I am scared.

It is also expsensive and comes with a lot of maintenance... thoughts... experiences....

2. TinaM1968

TinaM1968 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Sunlit posted somewhere on here about hair extensions her experience was it gave her confidence but caused traction hair loss

sunlit likes this.
  3. sunlit

sunlit Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Totally true! The extensions looked fantastic and people I knew couldn't tell, even though my hair was longer, thicker and lighter overnight (I got the extensions in a slightly lighter colour for a balayage effect). Tape-in extensions are supposed to be the most gentle and damage-free type of extensions, but they still caused massive hair loss. I have bad traction alopecia from these and only wore them for 6 months. I don't recommend any type of bonded extensions. My experience is that hairdressers will firstly lie and tell you they don't cause damage, then when you notice thinning patches from the extensions, they'll lie again and deny it's caused by the extensions. I saw 3 different hairdressers at 2 different salons and think this is pretty typical - they want to keep taking your money.

Try a halo-style extension if you have enough hair. You can make your own via tutorials on youtube. (I don't have enough hair myself for this now but wish I'd done it in the first place).