Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Please Help. Need To Suggestions. Things Just Get Worse And Worse

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by Sunshine85, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Sunshine85

Sunshine85 Member

Dislikes Received:
    So I am at the point that I have so do
    Something about my hair. It is so thin and has not improved for a year. I said I would do something if it didn’t get better. I felt pretty good today, someone even commented how my hair looked fuller at work. They girls who share my room at work know about the hair loss. She said sometimes she notices that it looked thin in certain spots but today it looked good. I know she meant it to be nice but it was still a sting... I mean people used to comment on the amount of Hair I had...

Anyway I have spoken with several people about extensions. I don’t feel ready for a wig even thought my hairline is receding.....

I have been recommended to do brainless sew in, cold fashion, tap ins...

I have been quoted anywhere from 180 to 1200 dollars.

I just don’t know who to trust or where to begin. I just want to find someone who is sympathetic and will make it look as natural as possible.

I feel
    Lost with all the options.

Anyone live in south Florida area?

2. LindaLou

LindaLou New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Have you a diagnosis from your doctor? Have hairline thinning and was diagnosed with Frontal Fibrosing Alopecia. Doctor wanted me to use a topical steroid. Already using Rogaine 5%. Am also using a combination of oils and massage. Decided not to go the steroid route. Also use a light weight bang bought from Amazon. Real hair and dyed to match my own. Good luck,

3. Sunshine85

Sunshine85 Member

Dislikes Received:
    No official diagnosis. I have been told TE and like 7 years male pattern , but hair improved after that diagnosis and got bad again a year ago. I have wondered about ffa but thought the hair loss was complete in those areas?

Also my hair is just overall thinner so it’s not just the front. Nape and sides are thinnest and hairline is somewhat receding

I probabilities should get my air looked at again...

4. sunlit

sunlit Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi, I think I have the same hair loss pattern as you. I got tape-in hair extensions and they looked incredible but they caused a massive amount of traction alopecia within only 6 months. I really lost about half of my remaining hair to these. It would be the same with any form of bonded extensions, and I don't recommend them.

Instead I recommend you try a halo extension if you're looking for volume around the sides and back. This won't damage your hair. I would be using this myself but don't have enough hair left now.

5. Sunshine85

Sunshine85 Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi! Yes. I am worried about it causing more hair loss. I was considered the braidless sew in technique. Hand-tied wefts. The price and the limitations for swimming etc have stopped me from doing t already.

I have not found a halo for curly hair. I find my hair texture makes this whole process super annoying.

What are you wearing now?

6. TinaM1968

TinaM1968 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Amazon has some curly ones have you checked there?

7. TinaM1968

TinaM1968 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Did it improve with Rogaine? What areas did u see improvement?

8. sunlit

sunlit Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Definitely don't go for a braidless sew-in. I think that's the same method as the LA weave, where micro-rings are used and then the weft is sewn on top of the micro-rings. Any type of bonded extensions will pull out your hair. I wish it wasn't true, it's a pain! I've found that hairdressers will always lie and say "yes, every other method will damage your hair, but not my method, [tape-ins/braidless sew-in/etc], it causes no damage." They all cause damage.

Would it be an option to buy (or make) a halo and then perm it?

I am actually going about with just my biohair right now. The density is sooo thin but as my parting and the top of my head are OK, people tend to 'read' me as a person with naturally very thin hair rather than hair loss. My hair is also very long (a couple of inches above my elbow) and I find people always comment on how long my hair is, not how thin it is.

It's funny, going about with my hair like this, I just wish my hair was as thick as it was this time last year, when it was so thin I wanted to get extensions. I look back at the photos and the hair I had then (which was probably half the density I started with in 2014 before this happened) looks fine compared to what I've got now. I mean, it was really thin, but about twice what I've got now.

I don't feel confident with my hair like this at all and will obviously want to go back to wearing fake hair at some point, but a decent human hair topper is so expensive and not a high priority for me at the moment.

People must have noticed the massive difference of me with extensions vs me without, but no one has said anything.

#8 sunlit, Mar 30, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
    TinaM1968 likes this.
  9. Meliss9

Meliss9 Member

Dislikes Received:
    Has anyone ever heard of scalp micro pigmentation?? I’m even thinking of that