Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Please look at my photo

Discussion in 'The Undiagnosed' started by hairscared, Jun 28, 2009.

1. brokendreams

brokendreams Guest

Hi Yes my hair has def become thinner, each strand is like paper and very fragile now. It seemed to excelerate over the past couple years. My hair used to look like yours and ive almost always worn bangs, now it is dry poof!!yuk.

2. curlylocks

curlylocks Guest

Hairscared, The Kohls here has some cute hats in the men's department.

3. alicat

alicat Guest

LOL---gotta love our hubbies, eh?

The other day my honey said he would call my hair loss "severe Androgenetic Alopecia" heh---he's lucky I love him! :)

4. Prini

Prini Guest

Hi,

I'm looking at your photo and seeing my hair, especially when wet.

Like Brokendreams I am into this for nine years. I don't have a solution, since I never found my trigger. I will tell you six months before my hair started s l o w l y falling out I was diagnosed with an underactive thyroid at age 46. Immediately, I blamed it on synthroid and changed thyroid drugs, stopped thyroid drugs, changed doses.Blood work always came back good. I even tried Armour, my hair still fell out.

Nine years ago, I didn't see it on the prescription pamphlet synthroid could cause hair loss and when I told endo's they said, it wasn't true. I spoke to the manufacturers of levoxyl, synthorid, unithroid and was told to some people it can cause an adverse reaction to the effect the thyroid hormone has in general in the body which causes hair loss. Now, it's on the drug information. I'll never know if the drug/or thyroid is the culprit, but I do know I have to take the medication for survival.

When you go through meno, have an underactive thyroid and possible hormone problems it is almost impossible to say "what's causing the diffuse hair loss". Now you are probably thinking nine years she went through this, and still has hair. I am lucky because I had heavy thick hair before, and the sheds in the beginning weren't massive. Now, as time goes by the new hair that comes in is like thread and breaks off leaving spaces all over.

I would use the tricks the other girls mentioned. I've been there, done that. It's really all up to you, and how you handle this terrible situation. You can sink as low as the floor, or keep your head up, maybe find your trigger, and if not, get a hair piece. Last year, I bought clip in extensions and a topper (I have her ready to wear).
    Try not to get mentally down in the dumps, it won't help YOU and your relationship with your husband/family.

Good Luck With Vera Price.

Prini

5. hairscared

hairscared Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome I 'll go check them out maybe tomorrow.( Its in the next town so its 45 min away)
    I did order some caps from Mad capz, they were the cutest things.
    Baseball style, I usually hate that style, but these are very cute.
    However I had to send them back as they can't be adjusted small enough to my head.
    I just ordered some other ball caps ( not as cute at mad capz) But they can be adjusted to fit my head.
    They are from a company called e4Hats .com
    (see attached photo)
    I now need to get some other style hats so I 'll check out kholes.
    Thanks for the tip!
    hugs,
    hs

Attached Files:

6. hairscared

hairscared Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Prini,
    First I love your sig. Hairs To Hope..That rocks.
    Second I read your post to the husband, I am trying to get him to see this is not all cut and dried.
    My husband he's all so sure that Dr. price is going to fix this, you should just hear him go on about how she knows everything and
    she 'll fix this.

I am trying to read him a lot of the posts on here that say many have not found the cause and many have not had hair grow back.
    See he wants me to wait to see if my hair grows back before I buy hair from Flora or the dime store.
    Imagine how depressing that is for me. So what if my hair doesn't come back in a year or 3 then I can get it....Errrrrrr
    I never had enough hair anyways, I have worn add in hair under my own hair for years... at least 25 years I have done that. So its not like I won't use the hair..
    You have really done a lot of changing of meds to get to the bottom of your hair loss. I appreciate you sharing all that.
    xxoo
    hs

7. Prini

Prini Guest

My husband he's all so sure that Dr. price is going to fix this, you should just hear him go on about how she knows everything and
    she 'll fix this.

[/quote]

Many ladies on here have husbands with the glass half empty approach, so I gave him credit for his glass is half full.

Once again, good luck.

Prini

8. michellebr

michellebr Guest

My honey was actually pretty good about it. I hated the first 2 wigs I bought and wore of them once. When the 3rd one arrived, right before I opened it, he said" Now dont get upset if you dont like it...We'll just keep buying them until you find a good one"
    And dont cha know it....that was a good one :)

Before that though he would get frustrated with the whole hair loss thing...men have a fix-it mentality and this is something they cant fix...something that is causing great pain to their partner so its hard for them too. To watch the pain we are going through and not being able to do anything about it.

9. brokendreams

brokendreams Guest

Curious how the doctors appt. went with you on the 15th. Let us know when you can. Im especially waiting because the pttern you have is so similr to mine. Thanks and hope you got some answers. :)