Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Pondering Pretty Hair

Discussion in 'Wigs, Extensions, Toppers & Hair Systems' started by MNGirl, Jan 20, 2011.

1. MNGirl

MNGirl Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I'm still managing to get by with biohair, lots of Nanogen, and careful styling, but I find myself looking at Flora's website, knowing that supplemental hair may be in my future.

I found a piece that I am absolutely in love with, but I'm wondering if any of you that knows more about Flora might be able to tell me a few things about this:
    [attachment=1:3r6s4p1z]Mallery 07-34 copy.jpg[/attachment:3r6s4p1z]
    Is it a topper or an Illusion Fall? I'm a bit confused. Here's the link to more views on the website: http://www.designbyflora.com/Illusions-Mall-1.html

Any idea how much this would run? I know it's thousands, but how many?

Do you think it would work for me? Here's a similar view of my biohair tonight:
    [attachment=0:3r6s4p1z]Ponytail.jpg[/attachment:3r6s4p1z]
    I don't know how long I can hold off on getting a topper (although you can see a little scalp in the pic, I have a lot more scalp peeking through on the other side and top), but I feel like, when/if I do, I'll want something really high quality.

Any thoughts on this? Is it too over the top for everyday wear?

Attached Files:

2. GoddessJoyce

GoddessJoyce Guest

Hi,
    I have 2 Flora IFs. I don't know from the picture if that is an IF or wig. I do know Flora has this style in either a wig or IF. I don't know about price, but if I had to guess I would say between $2000-3000.

You can call Flora, she is a doll. I am sure she can answer all of your questions without any obligations. The piece you like is just beautiful.
    Good luck to you
    Joyce

3. dragonfly

dragonfly Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    That's really beautiful. I have 2 Flora IF's also, and the quality of the hair is amazing. I did all of my business with Flora via phone and email, and she is absolutely wonderful to work with. I'm sure she'd be happy to answer any of your questions. Best of luck :) .

4. HollyGA

HollyGA Guest

Its undoubtedly gorgeous, but seriously, if I had as much hair as you do for my pathetic *toddler sized* pony tail, I wouldn't even consider parting with my cash! That said, I know we all have our own personal standards which we measure against, so the Flora you posted looks like it will be absolutey perfect to add that extra wow factor to your hair, and it even looks like a good color match. If she has that in stock presently, I bet it could be calling your name! And wow, if that really is just in the $3000 range, I'm shocked, because its a LOT of really, really stunning hair! :)

5. MNGirl

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the info! It must be an IF then, since it's under the Topper/Illusion Fall section of her website. I wonder if it comes as a topper? Maybe I'll have to check with Flora about the price. $2-$3k seems not too bad for such a long-haired piece.

6. MNGirl

Dislikes Received:
    That's good to know you worked with her over email/phone and it went well! Thanks!

7. MNGirl

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the input! Yeah, my ponytail still looks "normal"-ish (although much smaller than it once was), but my scalp is really thin and see-through. That's where my concern is. I don't know how I still have that much hair in my ponytail when I see my scalp. I think this piece probably has more hair than I need, but it seems to be the best match I've seen for my biohair. I've always had long hair and really don't want to change that. I feel like this is what my hair would look like if I didn't have loss and the texture were way better. Thanks for your thoughts on it!

8. Jubilee

Jubilee Guest

you could also search some of hairscared's posts. she has quite long hair from Flora and after a certain length it's so much extra per inch. It starts to really add up. I think base price is just under $2000 (unless it's recently gone up). Remember too that the longer it is the heavier it will be to wear.

9. Hennared

Hennared Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    That is GORGEOUS.

I dealt with Flora about a yr 1/2 ago and tried on two pieces (they were just too much $$ for me then and I was not totally wowed by the part/cap structure, myself) The two falls that I tried were that long yet I did not find them terribly heavy. They were on the order of 2000 - 3000 $ a piece.

Do keep us posted; that piece is similar to my bio hair too, but a bit longer and totally the wrong color. But someday when I get a 'real' job again I may be in the market for a Flora!

10. MNGirl

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks, I'll search those posts. I did find one post that said $1850 was the price for up to 16" of Illusion Fall and it's $100 for every additional inch. I roughly measured my hair and it seems to be about 22", so mid-$2000's sounds about right.

I am a bit concerned about the weight, as my biohair has gotten to such a texture as to be extremely lightweight. Even though it's long, I hardly feel it...it pretty much floats behind me when I walk.

11. MNGirl

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you! That's really good to know that you didn't find the long IFs to be terribly heavy. And the price seems to correspond to what I'm hearing.

I'll keep you posted. I really don't want to have to go this route anytime soon, and I can still make do with what I have, but there's something appealing about having something that pretty on hand for when/if I need it. I'll have to start saving, I guess!

Thanks for all the input, everyone!

12. MNGirl

Dislikes Received:
    I just had to revive my old post to say that this gorgeous hair is now on Flora's online site for $2700!! :woot:

http://www.wigdesignbyflora.com/EUROPEA ... p/2052.htm

I don't really know what to do. I still love this hair, but have no idea if it would really work for me, as I've never tried anything on at all. For all I know, it might look stupid on me. And I'm still getting by with my Nanogen and biohair. My "plan" had been to get pregnant (still hasn't happened) and then get the pretty hair during maternity leave, then wear it to work when I got back so nobody would notice. (And, if they did, I could say it was pregnancy hair). I'm still okay with that plan, but the hair being on her online site now makes me wonder if this is my last chance? Anybody know how that works?

We recently had some vacation plans fall through--maybe I'll have to see if we can swing a NY/NJ trip instead...

I don't think I *need* supplemental hair yet, but I do think it would save me a TON of time doing my hair in the mornings. I have so much scalp showing that I dump ridiculous amounts of Nanogen on it. And then, I still have to deal with the terrible texture (and the grays!). Sure would be nice to clip on something that solves all three problems.

I would hate to part with $2700 of "emergency fund" money, but I'm seriously contemplating contacting Flora. I would hate to miss out. If anyone has any advice, let me know, I'm just so conflicted right now!

13. Hennared

Hennared Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    that's a lotta tomatoes.. BUT the good thing about Flora is, last I knew, she will send you a wig/fall to try on, and see if you like it, and you CAN return it. It's pretty painless to check it out, even w/o a trip to NJ. You need it on your head, obviously, to part with that kind of cash... your biggest risk checking it out is that you love it and HAVE to have it ;) But you may feel it is NOT for you. Only one way to find out.

14. Claire10

Claire10 Guest

That hair is gorgeous. Definitely worth a dip into the "emergency fund". I say go for it!

Like you, I can get by as well. But her pieces are so stunning, better than my hair has ever looked. One day...

15. otaku

otaku Guest

Hi Ladies,
    a bit stupid question from a newcomer in the field: how do your bio-hair feel under fall-cap if, for instance, there is a need to have it several hours every day? thanks

16. gghorse1

gghorse1 Guest

I would like to share my experience with you as I was in the same position as you this time last year.

With nanogen and a clip on ponytail I was also on the edge of needing some supplemental hair but not quite decided. I felt fine about going out but I was concerned that if I left it too long to start wearing supplemental hair, that people would know.

I went to see Gali last June and my "topper" was ready in one week. My hair stylist cut the topper in for me and I was delighted.

My hair now lookes normal and I love not being the odd one out. Its wonderfully quick in the morning (good for school run) and I can make it look great with a little time.

On the down side the clips can sometimes be a little uncomfortable and its a little hot in the summer.
    There is also the fact that you have to remove it at night. I now wear a hair band when I remove it just before sleep time. My children do not know I wear hair and it can be tricky!
    I also wear towel turbans around the house if I want a break from it.

I did think that I could wear it as an option when I went out but I have found that I could never go out without it now or my cover would definately be blown.

My stylist says that my topper has taken 10 years off me and she's right!