Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Possible Pcos But Normal Testosterone

Discussion in 'The Undiagnosed' started by Lindsey15, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Lindsey15

Lindsey15 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi there, I'm new. Been driven here as I'm exasperated with doctors and can't talk to my boyfriend or family about my problems (as I don't want them looking at it or thinking about it).

I'm 29 and female and firstly suffered with acne and excessive hair as a teen. Fun! It wasn't until I went on diannette that my acne went away, but I still have excessive hair on my face, arms, knuckles and legs (it's dark and I'm fair, and the hairs are long and on my legs very coarse) my tash isn't as bad as it used to be but still noticeable. In some lights it's ok. I pluck out the darkest hairs like I do the hair around my eyebrows and cheeks.

I also found in the last year that I have hair loss, it's thinning all over but most noticeably at my parting and at the front and temples. So I'm hairy everywhere but my head great!! I've only just noticed because I was in denial and my hair started off so thick. As I'm so hairy I never thought I would have this issue. It wasn't until I realised that it was always my hair falling out and no one else's. and then the parting, and then the area at the front of my head that's so thin you can see quite a bit of scalp.

I have a mix of miniaturised hairs, bellies hairs, and normal hairs falling out. I lose a lot every day. I tried minoxidil for a while but the itch was unbearable and it didn't actually help stop any shedding let alone regrow anything. I'm pretty sure it's dht.

My doctor has me on ferritin as I am deficient despite having a healthy diet and she thinks this is why my hair is thinning. I think it's pcos as alongside all these issues my mum struggled to conceive my brother and me, and she's also hairy and had acne. However, my testosterone came back normal. I think I must have high sensitivity to testosterone. I have pushed for a scan to see if I have cysts on my ovaries.

It's all so harrowing and I was hoping that if I can get my iron up my hair would come back but I think deep down I know that it's dht from testosterone sensitivity and possibly pcos.