Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

......postpartum Shed Questions......

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by ElPatoEllington, Jul 19, 2017.

1. ElPatoEllington

ElPatoEllington Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    How long after birth does it normally take for you to start shedding? Do you start shedding all at once or had anyone noticed a slower progression from pregnancy level shedding to a full-on shed? Does breastfeeding matter? I'm almost 3 weeks postpartum and I feel like I'm starting to see an uptick :(

2. idk

idk Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi
    Don't stress too much, it won't help. My postpartum shed after my second child started 3 months post birth. I didn't has postpartum shedding after my first child. You can't miss it, every brush stroke took out 10 strands. Hair was everywhere. I started to count, around 300 strands per day. It was the most depressing, gut wrenching time. Lasted about 3/4 months. Tapered off gradually. I didn't breast feed either of my children. As for regrowth its coming through now but not as much as I lost, a bit depressing. But I think hair takes a long time to recover. So I am going to try to be positive. I know its easier said than done, but try to enjoy your new baby, the hair will come right eventually, but you can never have this time back with you new bubs!