Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Process of elimination...

Discussion in 'Women's Alopecia Areata' started by ginawat, Mar 10, 2008.

1. dying curls

dying curls Guest

your boyfriend is funny....

well i had no clue before as well...i thought that all the hair you lost would never grow back, and that you had all your hair until the end of your life that you lost some along but that they never grew back i thought so until i was 16 or so..

2. ginawat

ginawat Guest

If I knew what I had I wouldn't be on this site. I have a post entitled "why my head is spinning" because while I have classic symptoms of Androgenetic Alopecia - I also have classic symptoms of diffuse Alopecia Areata and chronic TE. I have a inflammed scalp also - which might be indicative of a fungal or bacterial infection. I was about to get a biopsy a bout 3 months ago and was talked out of it by many memebers of a forum....and also because a lot of times they are inconlusive.

From what I have gathered thus far I am not alone in wondering what my true diagnosis is. I have even come right out and apologized for my many questions...and even prefaced my opinions with "these are just my opinions" and still get called out! Why is it people can't differ in opinions w/o it turning to a battle?

Who reacts like this? Jeez!

3. dying curls

dying curls Guest

because you always say you have Androgenetic Alopecia mostly and they you say Androgenetic Alopecia is not the right name for female pattern baldness..
    and also blamed the pill for Androgenetic Alopecia..all this made no sense to me at all....

TE and Androgenetic Alopecia can be linked. I had TE and Androgenetic Alopecia too.or rather i had Androgenetic Alopecia, then an episode of TE as it was a more intense shed but that TE was a part of my Androgenetic Alopecia.

TE is usually sudden and do last more than a few month.In somecases it triggers Androgenetic Alopecia for those predisposed to it.

I didnt blamed you for not wanting to go on the medication route, just for saying that Androgenetic Alopecia had its root in hormonal treatment, and saying Androgenetic Alopecia is women is not at all like Androgenetic Alopecia in men and that it is not an appropriate term.Because this makes no sense.

If you have another form of alopecia that has nothing to do with the mechanism of Androgenetic Alopecia then i agree you dont have Androgenetic Alopecia.

Most on the women on this board knows what kind of alopecia they have , and still they are here...because being aware of the cause does not mean it will get better.
    I am here because i want to hear stories of Androgenetic Alopecia women with successful results.
    And this board is not the only board.. I found a lot of Androgenetic Alopecia girls on french ebsites who have been very successful with the birth control pill, minoxidil or antiandrogens.I am only talking about Androgenetic Alopecia here.

On the pcos messageboard there are also some success stories....a few though...
    Now that i think about it i found way more success stories on frecnh boards..that is weird...but maybe our derm are more agressive in their approach ..no idea.

4. ginawat

ginawat Guest

...and who is making no sense? You ramble!

You can't blame people for not wanting to take medication. You can not blame people for having ownership of their health and the way they feel. You can not blame people for not putting all thier faith in conventional medicine. It has been proven wrong before. This site is not for placing blame. I believe BCPs are not good for me and I told you why - you can disagree but you don't have to react so defensively.

You have PCOS - I wonder how settled you would be with all of this if you didn't have that diagnosis?

I do not have PCOS.

There are many women who are unsure if they had TE or Androgenetic Alopecia or both (Hairyape) who chose not to take medications and who recovered. do you fault them...or those of us who want to be hopeful for the same?

5. dying curls

dying curls Guest

Again, I said that I did not blame you...for not wantng to go that route. i repeated this many time...

Yes i have PCOS, but PCOS dos not cause hairloss, most PCOS do not have hairloss...i loose hair for exactly the same reason as Androgenetic Alopecia girls out there, thought i get more androgens that exarcebates the condition.
    If i did not have the diagnosed of PCOS i would have had a scalp biopsy, and given that i started to shed 10 years ago ..i guess i would not have question the Androgenetic Alopecia diagnostic.

And agin i understand you on most point...

the only thing i say is that Androgenetic Alopecia is one precise type of hairloss in the end ..and the word for it is the right one.but you seem to argument besides this everytime you answer me.

so i should give up.

6. ginawat

ginawat Guest

I WIN!

(just kidding dying curls!!!)

Lets lighten up a bit and agree to disagree. I most likely have Androgenetic Alopecia - - I just don't think bcps are my answer. I think that if in fact I am overly sensitve to androgens/dht then I'd like to find a better reason than my genetic make-up. I don't want to cloud it with more side effects because I seem to be senstive to those as well.
    Thats all.

Best of luck with your hair loss, PCOS, research and getting those curls ALIVE again. I also have curly hair and want to bring them back to life. Can't wait to refer to you as Livingcurls!

Best wishes!

7. Blue Bird

Blue Bird Guest

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

8. dying curls

dying curls Guest

IR and hair loss arent related...the insulin doe snot make hair fall
    PCOS and hair loss can be related..

My PCOS is successfulyy managed...meaning my hormones are in range, most of my symptoms out of the way.
    My hair loss has stopped one year ago, but i do not have any significant regrowth. I owe all this to ANDROCUR without it i could nto live normally and prolly would have a lot of problem right now.

9. ginawat

ginawat Guest

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo k. ;)