Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Product tip for frizzy, dry hair

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by kitkatkitkat3, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Hello!
    Just wanted to make a recommendation. I've been using a product called Poppyseed oil reviving mask for lacklustre hair. Its from the Body Shop and it costs about £10 for a tub, which I think would last a really long time!
    You apply it to damp hair after shampooing and leave for 3 mins, then rinse out. I use it while I'm still in the shower, and just shave my legs or something while I'm waiting! Then rinse out, and I use a bit of conditioner.
    I can't tell you how much I love it - it makes my hair SO soft, smooth and shiny. It's way less frizzy than usual and it smells absolutely amazing. It also gives me more volume.
    Obviously I can't guarantee it will work for everyone, but I'd definitely give it a try, it's not expensive either.
    If you do use it then post your thoughts here - hope this can help someone.

2. Hayley

Hayley Guest

Thanks KitKat, i'll try to get some of that :mrgreen:

3. hairyape

hairyape Guest

Kitkat, that's sounds absolutely luxurious!

We have a shop in our local mall, I will get some.

My hair needs that which you've described so badly.

Thanks for the tip!

4. Yay HA! I was thinking of you when I posted it actually cos I know you've described your hair texture as poor. Here is the link so you know its the right one - it's actually £8 so cheaper than I thought!

http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/invt/28973

I love the body shop! I adore all of their yummy body scrubs and moisturisers - especially the almond flavour ones!

5. alicat

alicat Guest

Love Body Shop! :)

6. hairyape

hairyape Guest

Thanks for the link, Kitkat!

I'll bring with me when I go to Enland to see you!!! ;)

It looks like food. Yum Whipped cream for hair.

I will by it this week.

Thanks again

7. I love this stuff even more now! I went to work today and about 5 people complimented me on my hair, including *gasp* two usually unobservant men! One of them knows about my TE and said - is your hair growing back?! It looks thicker than usual.

Am so pleased..this stuff is a mircale for me, my hair is SO sleek. Ok am going to wash my hair with it right now!!

8. alicat

alicat Guest

awww that's great :)

9. kaylee

kaylee Guest

Oh my gosh..Thats awesome! I am soooooo buying this!

10. Here is a pic of my hair right now after using the hair mask. Its not been straightened or styled in any way. I just washed with shampoo, conditioner and the body shop hair mask, then combed through and rough dried with the hairdryer.
    Many of you girls have seen how thin my hair is, especially at the sides and how flat and lifeless it is - I'm so happy with this - I put it in and POOF - it just volumises it all! I should admit I'm slightly faking the volume as all my hair is infront of my shoulders...teehee! Still - I dont care, this is the best its looked in months!

Attached Files:

11. hairyape

hairyape Guest

You're hair is absolutely gorgeous! :jump:

12. Hayley

Hayley Guest

Wow, you've totally convinced me to buy that now. I'm getting it tomorrow :woot: I havent seen what your hair is usually like, but i like how it is in the photo there, especially compared to how you say it usually is

13. hairyape

hairyape Guest

Oh, and Kitkat......

I think you hair had babies! :mrgreen:

Your hairline looks great!

14. Awww hairbabies!! So cute! Thanks!

Did you guys buy it yet? I just washed with it and my hair smells orgasmic!!

15. Hayley

Hayley Guest

Yeah i got it but havent had the chance to use it yet

16. kaylee

kaylee Guest

Haley, let me know how it works. Im about to buy some but want to get a little more feedback. :)

17. snowflake

snowflake Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Soon as I get paid I am going to the body shop. I also want the solid cinnamon shampoo from lush. Drat, I want it ALL!!!

18. eco_girl

eco_girl Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    The Lush cinnamon shampoo can be very drying. I loved the extra volume at first- but within a week or so- I found my hair to be way dry.

19. snowflake

snowflake Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Well, maybe you just saved me a bit of money. I don't want my hair to dry out!

20. hairyape

hairyape Guest

I'm going to the mall this weekend.

Cant wait buy and try :gay2: