Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Product tip for frizzy, dry hair

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by kitkatkitkat3, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Hayley

Hayley Guest

I am very impressed :jump:

This is how my hair was the last time i took a pic after washing and drying

[​IMG]

and closer up

[​IMG]

And this is after the poppyseed oil mask

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Its still a lil frizzy (mostly probably due to all the split ends, broken bits, and massive need for a hair cut) but i think you can really see a difference

2. Yayyyy!! It looks way better Hayley, Im glad you like! Doesn't it smell amazing?! And so soft right?
    All you need is to get those split ends cut off and use the mask regularly and hopefully the condition of your hair will improve! :jump:

3. Hayley

Hayley Guest

Yeah definitely, i love the smell and it makes my hair sooo soft

4. hairyape

hairyape Guest

I can't wait to get mine this weekend!

Looking good Hayley!

5. Wahoooo! My boyfriend is too cute - he tried some of it this morning in the shower and came out going 'This is great, look how poofy and soft my hair is!'. Seems like everyone loves it!

I have to admit, I passed the body shop today, and decided to get another tub for when this one runs out. And I couldn't resist - I also bought the brazil nut moisture hair mask too. It smells SO YUMMY! This one works a bit differently - apparently you put it on for 15 mins to damp hair, then shampoo and condition. Its meant to restore moisture to dry hair. I'll def be reporting on that one too!

HA - what do you make of this one? Used it yet? x

6. hairyape

hairyape Guest

Hi Kitkat--

Yup! I used it and set my hair in sponge rollers. It's really great!

I'm very happy with it mostly because it reduces the frizzines (dramatically) without weighing the hair down.

So after using it this morning, my hair actually had body and bounce, and the set is still holding up.

I didn't even need to use hair spray.

So I can run my fingers through my bouncy soft hair all day.

I just love it!

Thanks again for making the suggestion here on the forum.

Much love,

HA

7. Yay!! :woot:

I'm so happy its worked for you too!

Other girlies - take note!!

8. kaylee

kaylee Guest

Im still still planning on getting some! The Body Shop here is in a mall about 40 min away! :(
    Maybe I'll just buy it online....

9. alicat

alicat Guest

do you live in the boonies?

10. snowflake

snowflake Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    I, too am still planning on trying it. I'll get some money next weekend so I think I'll go check it out!!

11. kaylee

kaylee Guest

LOL no...The only mall nearby has every store imagineable except The Body Shop!...Go figure :(

12. curlysue

curlysue Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi anyone still checking this post

I tried this product - I really like it! My hair was looking really horrid -
    dry, damaged, frizzy, you name it. I bought some without much faith and started using it - first time I tried it I did not use conditioner afterward and it did not seem to detangle. Kept using it, almost every day for over a week. I can see noticeable improvement in the texture, and shine of my hair! I wash the crown of my head only (using Rogaine there 2x day), and a little shampoo at the base of the back of my head (where I would sweat more, especially on hot or workout days).
    I apply the mask, leave on as I finish soaping, shaving, etc. Wash most out and apply some of my favorite conditioner - rinse briefly and leave some in. I have very curly hair (ringlet type) so my hair can take all of this product - someone with fine or straight hair might find this regimen too much. Finish after shower with a styling product. Looks much better - really I'm impressed. Now I am using the mask every other or 3rd day since my hair started feeling a little waxy.

Thanks again for this recommendation Kx4!

13. snowflake

Dislikes Received:
    I am getting paid next Monday, that is when I am planning to buy this stuff!

14. hairyape

hairyape Guest

I find that it leaves my hair so soft, using it twice per week for me is sufficient.

15. livEyourlife

livEyourlife Guest

Sounds like good feedback.

So do you girls just put it a 1/4 of the way down to your ends? Since I would imagin if you stick it on your scalp, it'll make your roots oily and hair weighed down?

I neverrrr use conditioner or masks since it tends to weigh my hair down into shiny looking but fine, thin layer of crap.

16. hairyape

hairyape Guest

Liv,

I have an oily scalp, so I never use conditioner on it.

Only the ends.

Especially this one because it's a deep conditioning treatment.

17. snowflake

Dislikes Received:
    I visited this stuff last night in the mall. Here it costs 14 dollars. I will still be buying it when I get paid!

18. Liv I put it on the top of my head and it doesnt make it greasy - u should try it out!

19. eco_girl

eco_girl Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    You can ask the body shop for a sample to take home and try- that's what I do. If you like it then you can go back and buy it.

Also -this month's Health magazine had an interesting tip- when hair is wet use a little conditioner or a conditioning mask on the ends like other hair styling products and will make hair looking less frizzy and younger- I;ve been doing that for the past two weeks and really like it.

20. hairyape

hairyape Guest

Leaves hair shiny too!