Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Product tip for frizzy, dry hair

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by kitkatkitkat3, Sep 7, 2008.

1. curlysue

curlysue Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I have been using the product all over - but again, my hair has really gone dry (perimenopause? overzealous hair color? daily use of rogaine necessitating everyday shampoo?). I have not found it to make my hair oily. I think a little experimentation should do the trick!

2. GoodYear

GoodYear Guest

What great thread!
    I am using Dr Hauschka conditioner (i wash my hair with conditioner in stead of shampo: is also a tip to get your hair less dry and frizzy), but this sounds also great. Poppyseed oil. I will remember!!

3. snowflake

snowflake Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    I bought the hair mask from the Body shop today!! But, not the poppyseed one, the brazil nut one. I will be putting it on tonight. I am giving myself a "spa" night. It says to leave it on for a while with a plastic cap on top and I will heat things up with a blowdryer. Hope it makes my hair super shiny! After you shampoo and condition like usual.

4. How was it?

I used the brazil nut one too and its no way near as good!

5. snowflake

Dislikes Received:
    Hey k3 I am suprised you didn't care for it. It's made my hair really nice. It appears fuller and thicker. I will have to try the poppyseed one too now since you say it's so much better! And, I love the smell of the brazil nut one. Smells like almonds.

6. Blue Bird

Blue Bird Guest

I have noticed that the underneath of my hair has turned all frizzy and dry and broken....I remember it started getting that way around when my Androgenetic Alopecia first started but it was only in a very small section underneath and behind the ears. Now the whole underneath half of my hair almost is this way :( The top of my head where the Androgenetic Alopecia is the worst is normal hair though...???what is this??

7. kaylee

kaylee Guest

Mine's like that too, yet my Androgenetic Alopecia isnt worsening!?!? The top of my head isn't frizzy either.

8. moco

moco Guest

Oh I must get that poppy stuff this evening :)

You know what's lovely in Body shop, non hair related though..Shea butter body scrub. It's absolutely gorgeous i love the smell of it. :)

9. hairyape

hairyape Guest

Hi KitKat!

I also bought the Tresemme shampoo, and you may already know that my scalp is oily but my hair is frizzy and busted overall intexture.

So the Tresemme does a great job of keeping the hair closest to my scalp on the dryer side, but sadly must dry out the ends in the process, which is also when the poppyseed deep conditioning treatment helps out remarkably!

Very glossy hair afterwards, as well, which is a result I almost never get to enjoy anymore when it comes to my hair.

Hence, thank you again for sharing this delightful product! You're a doll.

Best,
    Maria
    (HA)

10. CYNDI2008

CYNDI2008 Guest

today was the worst hair day ever, my hair is so dry and unmanageable (its like trying to style wire). I cant take it anymore! I just went on the body shop web site and bought some... I hope it works!!!

:jump:

11. Hi girls!

Snowflake - brazilnut one does smell AMAZING! It did make my hair nice and soft but I didn't find it gave much volume.

HA - glad you like it so much, I think I need to cut back as am overusing it!! Not sure how crap my hair would look without it now...I'd better try!

Cyndi and Moco - hope it helps and you like it! I have my second tub in the cupboard waiting to be used! Moco, I have the shea body scrub too - amazing!!! I'm also a little obsessed with their almond range and have the body scrub, body butter and hand cream. Oh yummmmmmmmmmmm!!

12. hairyape

hairyape Guest

Kitkat -

I have the Hemp Hand Cream and bought the gloves, also :$ and wear the cream overnight.

Super-soft hands in the morning!

Obsessed now!

13. moco

moco Guest

I used the poppy stuff this morning and i like it! I do think there's probably more volume and it smells nice too :)

14. snowflake

Dislikes Received:
    Well, I think I am going to have to check out the almond skin care stuff.

15. kaylee

kaylee Guest

Just bought the Poppy Seed mask, we'll see how it works!

16. snowflake

Dislikes Received:
    Got to say I have used the brazil nut mask all week and I LOVE the results!!! Love them, but, I am afraid I will run out too soon!

17. kaylee

kaylee Guest

I just wanted to say how pleased I was with the results of the poppy seed mask! :)

I have been very depressed lately becuase my hair was starting to become a little dry/frizzy.

Thanks to this, I had an awesome hair day today! My hair was bouncy, shiney, soft, and it took away the fizzies!

Im in luv!!! :jump: Thanks kit!

18. angieangie

angieangie Guest

I bought the poppyseed oil mask today! I'm going to use it tomorrow morning. I hope it works out well, my hair is yucky feeling.

I also bought the brazil nut body lotion, 9 body butters (the 50ml tubs), 2 tea tree skin moisturizers, 1 tea tree blemish stick and the satsuma hand wash.

Spent about $160 bucks.

19. kaylee

kaylee Guest

angie, Im sure you'll like it. It just brought my hair to life!!! But I cant use it more than once per week or it weighs it down.

20. angieangie

angieangie Guest

Well, I only wash my hair twice a week, so maybe I'll use it once a week and the second time not leave it in for 3 minutes.