Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Products I like

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by GypsyKate, Nov 28, 2012.

1. GypsyKate

GypsyKate Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hello,
    As I get closer and closer to needing supplemental hair, I'm feeling grateful for all of the products which are helping me get through this awkward time.
    Keep in mind, I don't have Androgenetic Alopecia, I have telogen effluvian causing overall hair thinning. But, my trouble spots are in the same area as Androgenetic Alopecia people - front/bangs and crown.
    Here's what I like:
    Revivogen Thickening Conditioner
    Runner Up: Bumble and Bumble Thickening Conditioner
    Note: Both of these thicken up the follicle of the hair you have which creates the appearance of thicker hair.
    DiCesare Thicken Copper Peptide Tonic: Miracle product! I spray it on the extra thin areas while hair is damp and then blow it dry with a round brush. I actually look like I have normal hair when I do this.
    Nizoral 2%: I have major dry scalp associated with the thinning. This helps. It's also supposed to help with hair loss, but it doesn't do that for me.
    Frizz-Ease Leave-In Conditioning Spray: Helps me gently comb out knots while hair is wet.
    Batiste Dry Shampoo: I use the brunette version. Yeah, it looks white until it sets in; but the final product is good. I use this on days that I do not wash and do the whole blow dry deal. For me, greasy spots look especially thin and this eliminates that effect.
    Even though theory states that minoxidil would not help my condition, I still tried it for 1-1/2 years. Didn't work, so I recently gave up.
    I get all my products from the Folica website and now am an elite member. I'm celebrating the small things here. :)
    Thanks and good luck!
    Katie

2. CKingAnswers

CKingAnswers Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the recommendations!

3. mycurlyhair

mycurlyhair Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks, You think the Nizoral helps your dry scalp? My derm said it is more for oily scalp and I think it made my worst. Ill look at some of the other products.

4. Phenix

Phenix Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Nizoral is VERY drying, plus it contains SLS.

5. WittsEnd

WittsEnd Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the tips. Where do you buy the DiCesare tonic? I don't think I've ever seen it.

6. GypsyKate

GypsyKate Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I thought so, but maybe not. I've been using it for so long, but my scalp still gets really itchy in the winter. What are you using?

- - - Updated - - -

I get almost all of my products from the folica website. I'm not an elite member and get all sorts of great discounts. Highly recommended as well!