Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Products that have worked for your ADA

Discussion in 'Tell Your Story' started by Taz, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Taz

Taz New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Everyone,

I'm just wondering, what products have maintained or even regrown your hair lost from female pattern baldness? Also, what products would you stay away from?

2. Lily

Lily Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I tried everything out there from snake oils to prescription meds. In my case, nothing worked well enough to keep me from "wearing hair." If you read the fine print in a lot of advertised "cures" they are minoxidil-based so,probably best to just buy Rogaine. I am older and menopause was definitely a factor in my hair loss. I have a daughter who sadly inherited my crappy hair gene. She has had some success with Rogaine and the laser helmet. Hopefully when she won't hit a wall when she gets to menopause.

3. sunlit

sunlit Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Absolutely nothing (though I don't know for sure if I have Androgenetic Alopecia - biopsy was negative).

Spironolactone had no effect for me. Neither did the Yasmin pill (which is also anti-androgen - I take it for contraception though so am not disappointed by lack of effect on hair loss). Neither did ketoconazole shampoo or Nioxin, or any other topical product. Nor did any number of food supplements (fixed my iron and zinc deficiencies, unfortunately had no effect).

I didn't try minoxidil, so can't comment on minoxidil. I was too afraid of wrinkles or skin thinning. Some people say it works, but the risks didn't seem worth it for me.

4. eggplant

eggplant Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    You sound like me. Scalp biopsy said TE even though the pattern of hair loss is Androgenetic Alopecia. Supplements haven't worked. Spironolactone hasn't worked. "Hair friendly" BCP hasn't worked. Rogaine hasn't worked. It just keeps getting worse. I begged my endo for finasteride but he won't give to me because I'm young.

5. Chasrogers01

Chasrogers01 Member

Dislikes Received:
    I was diagnosed with Androgenetic Alopecia. Prescription mixture of Rogaine with Finasteride (Liquid) has worked in 5 months. I probably have 15%-20% more hair so far. No side effects. I have been very diligent. Best wishes with finding something that works for you.