Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

PRP Amiya Prasad opinions?

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by Silvi, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Silvi

Silvi Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hello! I would like to know if anybody has done prp and I have a consultation with Amiya Prasad for April and don't know if this is a good idea? I have diffuse hair loss all over my scalp and it doesn't seem to follow the Androgenetic Alopecia pattern although I am loosing short hairs. What can this be? Is the prp a good idea or a waste of money?

2. rva207

rva207 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I had PRP/stem cell injections in September. I do think the regrowth I'm seeing is greater than when I was just on Rogaine. My doctor (supposedly) uses a higher concentration of PRP so they typically do one treatment and say you can expect to see improvement over the course of 18 months or longer. I have a follow-up appointment this summer so I'll know more about my progress then when they take pictures.

3. Silvi

Silvi Member

Dislikes Received:
    response to rva207

Dear rva207 thank you for your response, its great to know you had positive results!!. This doctor also does just one injection of PRP+Acell and the waiting time is from 3 to 18 months.Even though is pricey if there is regrowth its well worth it but it works differently for everyone, so at the end it seems the only way of knowing if it will work for you is trying!!

4. MeliM

MeliM Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Silvi , please let me know if you end up doing the PRP injection. I've really been thinking of giving it a try.

- - - Updated - - -

Rva207 Did you have any sheeding from the prp injection?

5. rva207

Dislikes Received:
    I did notice increased shedding about 6 weeks after the procedure.

6. MeliM

MeliM Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Was it heavy shedding or a light shed that went away? I'm terrified of trying anything that would increase my shedding

7. rva207

Dislikes Received:
    It wasn't noticeable like a Rogaine dread shed. It was just all of a sudden my hair just felt thinner and I had to buy Drain-o for the shower. I was pretty scared at that point but then it started to feel thicker. The amount of regrowth I have now seems significantly greater than what I typically see using just Rogaine. I'm using less scalp concealer as well.

8. MeliM

MeliM Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you for the info. I'm really going to look into . Prp injections​.

9. losing_it

losing_it Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I had three rounds of PRP over the span of 4 months in summer of 2015. I didn't see any immediate results, but started Rogaine shortly thereafter and had phenomenal results by summer 2016. At the time, I attributed all of my success to Rogaine.

My shedding has picked back up, which I initially blamed on the Skyla IUD, but now I am actually wondering if the PRP is what stopped my shedding in the first place rather than the Rogaine. Don't get me wrong, I still think the world of Rogaine, but I am wondering if I blew off PRP's success more than I should have. I am definitely considering getting it again (I am going to schedule a consult with a new doctor as I have moved since then). It's just tough to swallow because I am not 100% sure it worked and it costs thousands. The doctor I am scheduling a consult with does PRP + A cell. I am not entirely sure what A cell does, but I'll find out during the consult and update you if you are interested!

10. Chasrogers01

Chasrogers01 Member

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, please update us. Check out Dr. Greco in Sarasota, Fl. He is a pioneer of PRP. His treatment is once a year at $1800.00.

11. MeliM

MeliM Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Agreed please update!! :)

12. Silvi

Silvi Member

Dislikes Received:
    wish me luck girls, I am getting prp +acell this june 13...I really hope it works for me!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you so much for the reply!! I am getting prp+acell soon, the doctor told me that what prp does is that it thickens the thin or miniaturized hairs and that is why it looks fuller after some months, he also said that it doesnt grow new hair. It looks like it does because all the hairs on the head get something like fat..lol...on the other hand I changed Rogaine for formula 82M they told me is better, gentle on the scalp. I had started rogaine feb 26, 2017 and this formula 82m just like 3 weeks ago (2 times per day). We will see..