Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

PRP - Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment

Discussion in 'Tell Your Story' started by peachy, Jul 6, 2016.

1. peachy

peachy New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi, I am new to this forum but have been dealing with hair loss for many years. For me it's androgenic alopecia. I have tried so many things and have been to at least 4 - 5 dermatologist who supposedly specialize in women's hair loss.

I have been using the men's 5% Rogaine liquid once a day at night for well over a year and took Viviscal for a year and now take biotin. I feel the Rogaine helps to stop the shedding but does not promote growth for me. I have tried so many other things including steroid shots to the scalp and nothing seems to work, so at this point my doctor's only suggestion was to look into platelet rich plasma (PRP) treatments.

Has anyone had any experience with this treatment, good or bad?

2. peachy

peachy New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry, I am new to all of this. What is CTE? What kind of results did you see and how many treatments did you have?
    Thanks for the info.

3. rva207

rva207 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I have a consultation for PRP plus adipose derived stem cell injections tomorrow. I'll let you know what the doctor has to say about the treatments, separately and when combined together.

mcat11 likes this.
  4. herineri

herineri New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Peachy did you try PRP at the end? I recently completed a course of 4 treatment, in addition of using regaine 5% daily and Viviscal professional. I can definitely see a little improvement in my hair in terms of overall volume, hard to see which of the treatments I have been using it's the biggest factor. They say the bulk of the improvement is starting from 4/6 months so hopefully things will get a bit better, but I am not holding my breath

mcat11 likes this.
  5. mcat11

mcat11 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I would imagine that for TE or CTE, PRP would and could possibly make shedding worse or do nothing.

I think its just effective (if so even I have no experience in it) for Androgenic.

TE is your body is putting your hair into resting stage prematurely for a reason or trigger...this is different then androgenic that is losing its supply to stem cells...the idea of PRP for Androgenic is to make that 'flow' of nutrients to follicle reversed....NOT reverse whatever is triggering your body to put hair in resting phase--same with Areata. I doubt PRP would worth for either of those types.

Be careful of Doctors if they can't even explain the science mechanism behind what they are doing, then walk out.