Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Question:

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by iisara21, Nov 7, 2008.

1. iisara21

iisara21 Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Have any of you ever caught yourself just staring at your scalp in the mirror, like you're watching for new hairs to sprout? Every now and then I catch myself staring at my hair line in the mirror all squinty eyed, like I'm willing my hair to grow, and I have to laugh at myself. "You will grow....NOW!...okay...NOW! Hmmmm...that didn't work...pause...NOW!!!"

Lol. Needless to say, this "treatment" has not resulted in miraculous regrowth, either. :)

2. hairyape

hairyape Guest

I do stare at my scalp in the mirror.

I try to compare in my mind, to the best of my knowledge, how it looked last month -- or the months prior to that.

When it's wet, I cannot stand the site of myself, unavoidable as it is.

I sometimes have to run out of the refuge known as my bathroom for what ever reason, and do so with a quick and sudden sweep of it all into a side part, lest I am seen with my centre part and all it's moth-eaten glory!

crap.

I wish I could have a forehead reduction. :woot:

3. iisara21

Dislikes Received:
    Glad I'm not the only one. ;) I hate looking at my wet hair in my mirror, too. Unfortunately, my bathroom mirror expands the entire length of my wall. EEEEEEK!!!

4. lisalashes

lisalashes Guest

I do that too! must have my hair in a side parting when i leave the bathroom so my housemates dont see. argh!
    xxx

5. cassie

cassie Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    It's comforting in a way that others feel like I do! I always felt like I was the only one!! I hate anyone seeing me with wet hair & never go swimming now (umm...suppose I could wear a swim hat). I always carry an umbrella in case it rains as well. :(

6. aries

aries Guest

I try not to look at my head. It just makes me sad. I'm always looking at every women out there though. I will look at every person that walks by me and try to figure out what type of hair loss they have if any. I know it's crazy! :crazy: The other day I said to my husband "I'm afraid I have a bald spot in the back of my head, but I'm to afraid to look".

7. iisara21

Dislikes Received:
    I do this, too! I was talking to my sister a couple of weeks ago and was stealing glances at her noggin while I was talking to her, hoping she wouldn't notice. After about 15 minutes, she asked me, "Is there something wrong with my hair?" BUSTED!!!

But yes, I am a scalp looker. :)

8. kaylee

kaylee Guest

I do this!! And I think to myself, hmmmmm "has it gotten worse"!??