Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Quick Update with Pics

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by mrvitous26, Mar 13, 2016.

1. mrvitous26

mrvitous26 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hey all,

So as some of you know, I tried going off of 50 mg of Spironolactone, but noticed some shed... I hope it is not just psychological. I guess I have had so much progress the last 3 years of being on Rogaine, and the Spironolactone. I don't want to do anything to mess it up... Lol... So after being off of Spironolactone 50 mg, for two weeks, I decided to immediately get back on it... I was panicking... As you all know, this is such a long process. I just can't deal. :( I have been shedding since last August, overall it seems to have calmed down, but I think shedding is a normal part of all this because it means the Rogaine is working...

They say low doses won't make a difference with hair loss. Well I am not so sure... That doesn't seem to be the case with me at least.

See my recent pics. Those of you with Androgenetic Alopecia, and are new to this... just know that there IS hope.

-Michelle :wub: 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

2. Lily

Lily Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Looks terrific! So few success stories, glad you are one.

3. mrvitous26

mrvitous26 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    My hair feels normal again... well actually it is even better than it was before this started... in terms of my hair line... Unfortunately I think I need the Spironolactone but thankfully the low dose seems to do the trick.

4. hairlosshelp

hairlosshelp Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    looks amazing mrvitous! Definitely doesn't look like you've experienced hair loss before. After a year of seeing a glaring part, I've forgotten what my normal hair looked like so it's so reassuring knowing there's a possibility of getting back to that!