Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Rachel's Story

Discussion in 'Tell Your Story' started by rachelc, Apr 2, 2012.

1. rachelc

rachelc Guest

Well here goes, I have decided to bite the bullet and post. I am Rachel, I am 37 and I am a Transsexual woman who is post op and living happy as the person I always should have been. I have read some of the old posts here concerning TS people. I will talk to anyone about being TS but here is not the place. I have met a wonderful man who knows of my past but doesn't care about my past, that is not who he met. I am here for the same reasons as all the other women here. I need advice on my hair loss and at the moment to find a consultant I can trust in the UK on lace wigs. It is a bit of a minefield and as a single parent to two young boys, I can't afford to get ripped off, but who can?

I hope you will accept me here, I am here for the same reasons as everyone else and hope if you have any questions you will address them to me off the message boards and keep my being TS as not the talking point. I am used to helping others and help moderate a TS group so I consider myself a very approachable, respectful and helpful person. That's all I want to say here now on the subject, I hope you will be accepting of me and that I can help others on here too.

Thanks Rachel :) x

2. dancer

dancer Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi and welcome :)

3. Deirdre

Deirdre Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome. I have no idea about what is available in the UK but there are some members here from there who maybe can help.

4. Kikawow

Kikawow Guest

Hi Rachel !

I'm not in the UK, so I can't help you. And I'm new to this wig world, I am planning on shaving my head soon and bond lace wigs. I'm pretty excited about it :) I just need to find a good lace wig.
    I made my choice regarding the vendor, it is online, I am just waiting for an answer from them to some questions I asked them. I am not sure I can post the name in here, so if you want to know it just PM me :)

Cheers :jump:

5. rachelc

rachelc Guest

Thanks everyone, I have bought a good lace wig online before direct from China but I found bonding it without having had any advice a nightmare so I thought I would just bite the bullet and have a consultation. I need to get some advice on what suits me best, get it fitted and hopefully pick up enough pointers to be able to do it myself in future. I have two separate consultations in London tomorrow and will post the outcome on the relevant section for all that may be interested. I do have a fair amount of hair but it is terribly fine and thin especially on top. I had a shaved head back in 2008 but since wearing wigs I have not cut it so as you can imagine it is pretty long (and a complete mess). I may get away with using some of my own hair but I am chatting to some experts so I will wait and see what they make of it. I am really excited about getting my hair done for once. I tend to dread rather than enjoy anything to do with my hair and tomorrow is a rare time I feel enthusiastic and upbeat about it. Fingers crossed my bad hair (wig) days are behind me for a while and I find what I am looking for :)

Rachel

6. Bummer

Bummer Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Rachel,

I just recently started bonding and have been doing it on my own. It's definitely possible though a bit scary and time consuming in the beginning. You can also make your own template vs. getting fitted through a salon, though I do see the benefit of the advice they will offer in terms of what would be flattering etc

Just wanted to chime in on the independent bonding thing. I've never gone through a salon and I was never interested in that route as I am a control freak. It sucks in the beginning but you learn pretty quickly. :)

7. Hennared

Hennared Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hello and welcome, Rachel -

You are of course welcome here! You might also want to join heralopecia.com; I am pretty certain there are a few TS women on there, and, there is a huge wealth of info about wearing all kinds of wigs. I think the two forums are somewhat complementary; and the more support the better, right?

PS good luck tomorrow! I'm a total do it yourself kinda girl, but I imagine if not money a GOOD consult could save gobs of time in figuring stuff out.

8. Vlal

Vlal Guest

Hi and welcome!