Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Really quick question re Androgenetic Alopecia

Discussion in 'Living with Androgenetic Alopecia' started by Vikstar, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Vikstar

Vikstar Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hello everyone,

I have a quick question regarding Androgenetic Alopecia. My itches and tinges ALL OVER including the nape, above the ears etc.. I constantly read that Androgenetic Alopecia presents on the crown and to of the head but does anyone else get itching all over their head? Or is it likely that I have something else completely?

Please respond so I can try to work this out :)

2. graciebny

graciebny Member

Dislikes Received:
    I know that they say there is an association between Androgenetic Alopecia and scalp irritation/dandruff, although I know plenty of people who have thick heads of hair and still have dandruff. I, myself, have always had an itchy scalp at certain times of year -- even when I had lots of hair. I do notice, however, that when I am really shedding, my scalp tends to be itchier.

3. DevastatedMe

DevastatedMe Guest

I have never had much itching problems with Androgenetic Alopecia. Mine is diffused thinning all over, but just a little more on the top/crown area.

4. admin

admin Administrator
    Staff Member

Dislikes Received:
    I would highly recommend Nizoral shampoo once every 3 days for this. Your hair simply can't stay there if the inflammation is overpowering it.

Admin

5. BGS92

BGS92 Guest

Admin, I have Androgenetic Alopecia (possibly) and my scalp is BURNING! I mean it's like a reaaally bad sunburn that's there 100% of the day every f*cking day. It's mostly on the top part of my head where I'm thinning, but also sometimes on the sides and back. It's PAINFUL. And I use Nizoral/Fungoral and it does not do anything for me in fact sometimes I feel even worse. I don't know what to do to beat down the inflammation, because it seems to be coming from inside and no shampoo can fix that. I wonder if there is anything I can do to beat the inflammation! I think no hair will grow normally on my head until it's gone. I am miniaturising so I don't know if it will grow anyway but I am convinced that my inflamed scalp is making my hair loss worse and more rapidly progressing.