Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Regrowth- how does it work? HELP!

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by HopefulMama, Aug 21, 2011.

1. HopefulMama

HopefulMama Member

Dislikes Received:
    Deleted

#1 HopefulMama, Aug 21, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
  2. Din

Din Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Hopefulmoma,

My first Te, lasted for about 10 months. I never saw re growth. Ever!! Maybe a few here and there, and I was looking so carefully. During my recovery, hair improved so I must have been getting growth even though I didn't see it, and trust me, I was checking every day. Then I had a fever and second Te came followed by a Te from biopsy I think, so I am still in bad shape. But just wanted to let you know that somehow hair grows and you get lots if new hairs even if you can't see it!!
    Din

3. Marsen

Marsen Guest

I can see hairs that are a few millimeters long, but I have to look really close because they are so teeny and almost invisible.

Totally individual. I´ve had CTE for 20 years, so my regrowth never catches up with my shedding, so my volume is 1/2 of what it used to be.

4. Bummer

Bummer Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I only had TE once, about 6 years ago and it was caused by going off my birth control pill. I think it lasted for 3-4 months and then the shedding stopped. And then one day I just had a ton of short hairs all along my hairline filling in the places that had gotten thin. I seem to remember it as being a situation where I just noticed it one day, but that may not have been reality. I have pictures of myself from that time and I can definitely see all the short hairs peeking out of my hairline. Unfortunately about 6 months later my hair decided to respond to the higher testosterone levels as a result of going off the pill and it has been falling out ever since.

However, I have always had short regrowth throughout this whole process (5 years with the Androgenetic Alopecia now). My hair at the ends (a couple inches below my sholder) is scraggly, while the hair at the top somehow manages to maintain the minimum necessary for "full" coverage... at least as observed by others. So, I can't say that I experienced "regrowth" only with TE. My hair is trying to hang on with the whole Androgenetic Alopecia thing, though it's changed noticeably in texture and quality and definitly density the farther down in the length of my hair that you go.

Any regrowth is good though, it means the hair follicile is still producing. So that's a bonus. It might be a small victory but sometimes you have to focus on the little things to get past the overall nastiness of the whole hair loss experience.