Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Regrowth?? So confused!

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by HopefulMama, Nov 18, 2011.

1. HopefulMama

HopefulMama Member

Dislikes Received:
    Deleted

#1 HopefulMama, Nov 18, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
  2. Figarosmom

Figarosmom Guest

May I just take a moment to curse harsh bathroom lights! :badmood:

From everything that I have been told about Rogaine, it is supposed to help stop shedding. But it seems from what I read on here, people's results are mixed. Is your hair loss mostly TE or did you get an Androgenetic Alopecia diagnosis? If you have Androgenetic Alopecia and I were to take a guess, I would say the hair follicles on your crown are in better shape than the ones in the front. That is why that hair is coming back better. It could also be that the hair follicles in the front just haven't started back up yet - come out of the phase between when they fall out and then start growing again. There is a period between those. Did the hair in the front fall out later than the hair in the back.

With my hair loss, much of it is towards the front. In fact I have one spot in particular that is really thin. When I first noticed something odd with my hair, that is the really thin spot now. It's way ahead of the rest of my hair in terms of falling out. If that makes sense...