Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Reputable wig dealers in SF/bay area

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by leia1993, Jul 10, 2005.

1. leia1993

leia1993 Guest

Hello,

I am in Sacramento and because wig shops are limited here aside from the costume variety, I'm hoping someone might be able to let me know of any reputable wig dealers in the bay area. I'm talking about a place with a wide array of quality styles and a customer-friendly atmosphere where a woman with alopecia can get assistance with fittings. I am a 30-year-old woman with female pattern balding and am in desperate need of some quality assistance in finding a real-looking hairpiece or wig. Any information you can share would be SO appreciated!!! Thanks much. - Carrie :eek:

2. bayareagirl

bayareagirl Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi,

I would post this also on the MSN group Wig Support. I'm sure you'll get responses there.
    Kate

3. Mane_Trouble

Mane_Trouble Guest

I have sort of asked around on heralopecia but I would say it seems that the majority of ladies there buy online or through Kathy. From what I've learned, it seems that if you go a specialty wig shop, one will encounter prices there that can be up to three times as much. Also I heard tell of being charged a fee to try wigs on and for the consultation.

Still though, I would certainly like to know of what we've got out here. I can already tell you I've tried all the San Francisco shops that didn't require an appointment, and boy did their selection suck! Didn't find anything that I could even use as a radical costume party wig.